The Common Ghost (bhoot)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Drawing based on subtle-knowledge of the common ghost (bhoot)
- 3. Salient features of the common ghost (bhoot)
- 4. How do common ghosts (bhoot) affect human beings?
- 5. Remedies
The common ghost (bhoot or bhūt) is the lowest in the hierarchy of ghosts. It has a relative strength of 1. (Refer to the article on Types of ghosts) In the present times and up to 2025, about 30% of people in society are affected or possessed by common ghosts.
2. Drawing based on subtle-knowledge of the common ghost (bhoot)
Please note that this is just a rough guideline, as ghosts can take up any form depending on what they are trying to achieve. Also refer to – Why is there a protective border around the above drawing based on subtle-knowledge of the common ghost?
3. Salient features of the common ghost (bhoot)
3.1 Place of residence on the Earth region
Ghosts generally reside in premises that have the same frequency as the subtle-region of their origin or Raja-Tama vibrations that match their own. Common ghosts therefore take up residence in dilapidated houses, pubs, Raja-Tama predominant entertainment centres (to fulfill their desires), ditches, canals and houses where the residents have their type of habits and desires. Their place of residence can change on a daily basis.
3.2 Physical features of the common ghost
- Common ghosts can acquire any form and colour depending on what they are trying to achieve and how much they plan to expose themselves.
- Quite often, their form matches their original actual form when they were on the Earth region (Bhūlok). When they want to frighten people, they can take an amorphous form like the one shown in the above drawing based on subtle-knowledge.
- Extreme variation of their regular shape (compared to higher ghosts) is limited as their spiritual energy is quite low.
- They are generally Earthbound and are found near the ground level to a large extent.
3.3 Mental features of the common ghost
- Staying together: The thought of the family and friends continues in their afterlife. Those with similar vibrations, personality and region flock together. In short they tend towards living in groups.
- Restless nature:
- They do not remain still in one place. They are constantly on the move.
- Their eyes are restless.
- Desires: They are fond of worldly pleasures.
- Attitude related to the actual actions: When they manifest in a possessed person they shout making loud sounds, seek attention and appreciation by clapping the hands, have fun, play pranks, make a ruckus, constantly pull each other’s legs and shout suddenly.
- Attitude related to the thoughts: They constantly trouble humans and watch the fun. They usually do not attack humans. They just involve themselves in frightening people or satisfying their desires through people.
3.4 Spiritual features of the common ghost
- Common ghosts do not do spiritual practice to gain more black energy on their own but instead get the energy ready made from the superior ghosts.
- They do not function on their own as they do not have the capacity. They work under all the types of ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) doing tasks like conveying messages to superior ghosts and providing information about various places.
4. How do common ghosts (bhoot) affect human beings?
A common ghost and a departed ancestor (who has not become a ghost) are on the same level with regard to their spiritual strength. The main difference is that a departed ancestor troubles his or her descendants by making use of the give-and-take account between them, while a ghost troubles any human being using its black energy regardless of them being their descendants.
4.1 Medium of causing distress:
Common ghosts affect mankind by:
- possessing a person to fulfill their desires such as for alcohol, food, sex, etc.,
- materialising in front of a person or
- temporarily entering animals to attack or frighten humans.
4.2 Through the environment
- They increase the subtle-pressure in the environment resulting in the atmosphere becoming cloudy or like black fog. This causes disturbances in a family like quarrels and rows and reduction in output.
- Common ghosts spoil foodstuffs.
- They can move items making it difficult for people to find things. There is a high incidence of tumbling objects.
- They rob money and other objects from the premises as per the directives of superior ghosts.
- They generate strange sounds in the premises by jumping on the walls or ceiling. In fact they can generate deafening sounds through the medium of negative frequencies.
4.4 At a physical level
- A sudden shove when walking.
- Talking in sleep.
- Bedwetting at night.
- Giddiness followed by experience of touch of ghosts.
- Stamping of the hands and legs when a person possessed by a ghost is exposed to spiritual healing.
4.5 At a mental level
- Experiencing a sudden passage of a white fog in the darkness of a room, followed by forgetting of the task at hand and being perplexed.
- Constantly experiencing of the presence of an entity.
- Experiencing a sudden lifting of one’s body while lying down or of shifting of the ground from under one’s feet.
- Feeling like ‘throwing tantrums, using abusive language, shouting’.
- A person possessed by a common ghost may feel scared of visiting a place of worship. Here it is the common ghost’s fear that is rising to the fore.
- When possessed persons visit a place of worship, they throw things noisily, throw away substances used in ritualistic worship and their behaviour brings obstacles to the rituals.
- At an individual level: Jasmine stick remedy, applying Holy ash (Vibhūti) and sprinkling of Holy water (Tirtha)
- Related to the environment : Sprinkling Holy water in the premises and using common frankincense (dhoop)
Note: The spiritual level of the spiritual healer has to be at least 20% more than the ghost affecting or possessing the person they is healing. When one is treated with external spiritual remedies, one feels better for a time, but to get rid of this distress (which in many cases follows us from many births) permanently, it is important to do spiritual practice and generate continuous and lasting positivity firsthand within us. Only then is it possible to get a permanent cure. If one complements the spiritual healing with chanting during the spiritual healing, then the distress is overcome in a shorter time.