Before reading this article, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the following articles:
Table of Contents
In our earlier article on premises, we learnt how frequencies are created in empty premises and how physical properties as well as the residents of the premises determine the type of frequencies we experience there.
In this article we further study the remedies that can be applied to reduce distressing frequencies in a premises and increase pleasant ones. Many of us find for example, that we work better in a clean environment than in a dirty one. This is a direct consequence of the spiritual vibrations of a clean environment being more positive than those of a dirty one.
Here we present some practical points as advised by spiritual science and the science of premises (vastushastra) for increasing pleasant frequencies in the home.
2. Practical tips to improve spiritual vibrations at home
2.1 Avoid Tama-predominant activities that attract negative vibrations
Several points to reduce negative vibrations in the home are listed below:
- It is best to avoid experimenting with rituals or games meant to attract ghosts. Please refer to our article on contacting ghosts or departed relatives through a medium or a Ouija board for more information.
- It is spiritually beneficial not to smoke or drink alcohol in the home. Smoking is often instigated by subtle-bodies of departed ancestors, so they can come to the home and spread black energy when one smokes there. In addition, the smoke is Raja-Tama predominant and spreads black energy throughout the home. Alcohol is also Raja-Tama predominant, and drinking it in the home similarly attracts subtle-bodies of departed ancestors and their black energy. In addition, the alcohol itself attracts negative energy that spiritually pollutes the space it is stored in. Hence, it would be advisable not to keep any alcohol in the home. Please see our article on the spiritual purity of various beverages.
- It is best to avoid leaving the television on for prolonged periods of time as this spreads negative energy throughout the home. When the television is off, its screen can be covered with a clean sāttvik cloth since the screen can emit negative vibrations even when the television is off.
- It is helpful to avoid listening to loud music in the premises. Loud music attracts and spreads negative energy throughout the environment. These vibrations can stay in the home for a long time.
- SSRF recommends refraining from the use of curse words or foul language in the home. This type of language attracts and spreads negative energy, and the reason people use it is often negative. Both the thoughts and intention of the person and the words themselves spiritually pollute the environment.
2.2 Imbibe positivity in the home
We can also implement the following points to imbibe more positivity in the home.
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness: There is a saying: “Where there is cleanliness, there is God” or “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”. Cleanliness and tidiness are Divine qualities and we should keep our homes clean because dirt invites Raja–Tama vibrations.
- Keeping doors and windows open: The five Cosmic Principles (Panchatattva) contain Divine consciousness (Chaitanya) and they are active in their tangible form through the earth, water, fire, air, and space we see all around us. Keeping doors and windows open allows the five cosmic principles to do spiritual healing through these elements, so it is best to keep doors and windows open whenever possible.
- Plants around the premises: Just as the plot of land and the premises emit spiritual vibrations, the plants around the premises also emit different spiritual vibrations. Some plants tend to emit more sattvik vibrations than others, so planting these sattvik plants makes the premises more spiritually pure. Some examples of sattvik plants are the Holy basil plant (tulsī), chrysanthemum, hibiscus, and the banana tree. Whenever possible, it helps to plant such sattvik plants around the premises or keep them indoors in the living room for example.
- Altar facing the east-west direction: If one keeps an altar at the home, it is best to let it face the east-west direction. Divine frequencies are released from the Sun as it passes through the sky each day, and these Divine frequencies are best attracted to an altar if it is oriented in the east-west direction.
3. Importance of spiritual practice
The following table gives the comparative importance of various remedies in improving spiritual vibrations at home.
From the above table we can draw the following conclusions:
- Efforts to improve the spiritual vibrations of a premises implemented through actions like keeping the doors and windows open have their limitations. However it is important to implement these actions too.
- Residents of a premises need to have a pleasing personality. Wherever this is not the case, they can strive to improve themselves. Spiritual practice is helpful in this respect too.
- Our spiritual practice should be regular and consistent. Apart from giving us the experience of Bliss (Ānand), it affects the spiritual vibrations of our home too. There are immensely pleasant frequencies in places inhabited by Saints. This is due to the intensity of Their spiritual practice.
4. In summary – Vastushastra and spiritual science for the home
By implementing points advised by the science of vastushastra and Spirituality, we can avoid negative vibrations and ensure that our homes attract some positive spiritual vibrations too. The practical points presented in this article will be helpful not just for the home, but in any premises such as offices, shops etc.
Spiritual practice on the other hand, positively moulds our personality and significantly improves the spiritual vibrations of our home. In addition to this, spiritual practice helps us to actually recognise pleasant and unpleasant vibrations in a premises and to understand the spiritual reason for those experiences.