SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
Table of Contents
From time to time you may have come across TV programs and publications that show people healing others or where people claim to have been healed through non-conventional means. How does spiritual healing work and what is the basic principle that underlies its functioning? In this article, we explore the basic principle behind any type of spiritual healing.
2 Principles behind the diagnosis in spiritual healing
An accurate diagnosis of a problem which has its root cause in the spiritual realm can only be done with one’s sixth sense or extra sensory perception (ESP). The accuracy of diagnosis can vary considerably and is based on 3 basic factors:
Negative energies: At the Spiritual Science Research Foundation, we use the term 'negative energies' as a collective noun to represent all types of entities in the spiritual dimension that intend to harm humanity right from the 'common ghost' to the highest level 'māntriks'. If the spiritual strength of a common ghost is between 1 and 10 units, then a māntrik's strength ranges from a billion to close to infinity.
1. Sixth sense ability: The person’s sixth sense (ESP) ability along with his/her spiritual level versus the strength of the affecting entity or ghost (demon, devil, negative energy etc.).
As a rule of thumb, the average psychic can only perceive a common ghost from the subtle-region of the Nether region (Bhuvarlok). A higher level negative energy such as a subtle-sorcerer (māntrik) from the deeper subtle planes of Hell (Pātāl) is far more subtle and cannot be perceived by an average psychic.
Refer to the article on ‘The depth of ability to perceive paranormal activity with our sixth sense’.
2. Destiny: The destiny that one needs to undergo in one’s current lifetime (prārabdha-karma) is a powerful factor in deciding the time span of how long a person will suffer from a problem and the intensity of their suffering. When an individual is not doing any spiritual practice and their destiny is severe, this in itself warrants that the person will not receive access to the correct spiritual help necessary to overcome their destiny.
3. Resolve of the Saint guiding the spiritual healer: If the spiritual healer is acting as per the directives of their guiding Saint (a person who is above the spiritual level of 70%), then the spiritual healer can heal problems created by higher ghosts even if the healer’s spiritual level is lower than what would otherwise be expected to heal that particular problem. This is because the healing happens largely due to the power of resolve of the guiding Saint.
Higher level positive subtle-entities primarily provide healing energy to a healer so as to assist them in helping others to progress spiritually and not just for the sake of healing. Conversely, higher level negative energies provide energy to healers to undertake healing so that they can ultimately bring them and those associated with the healer under their control.
If a healer himself is possessed by a higher level negative energy, then the healer’s powers of diagnosis and spiritual healing can be enhanced substantially. The average person requesting healing from such a person would not be able to understand that they are in fact dealing directly with a higher level negative energy.
This type of healing is ‘māyāvi’ or illusory/deceptive. The negative energy uses the energy of resolve to affect such a healing. Higher level negative energies acting through a healer can significantly enhance the healer’s capability. This seemingly makes the healer have the ability to perform miraculous healing. Such a healer would be perceived as being very powerful. Miracles like healing usually draws mass followings. However, the powerful negative energy working through the healer can then easily lead people astray at a spiritual level.
Their strategy is:
1. To perform miracles so that people are lured into having faith in the healer that they have possessed and they continue to return to that healer.
2. The negative energy may also keep people in the loop of constantly requiring help from the healer by infusing them with black energy through the healer so as to create some problem or the other in their lives.
3. Finally the negative energy succeeds in controlling not just the healer but also indirectly the people who come to him for spiritual treatment.
3 Mechanism behind any type of genuine spiritual healing
According to the science of Spirituality, the entire universe is made up of 3 basic subtle components – Sattva, Raja and Tama. Sattva is the component that represents spiritual purity and knowledge; Raja represents action and passion; and Tama represents ignorance and inertia. The subtle vibrations emanating from anything and everything are dependent on the most predominant subtle basic component they are comprised of. We have explained this whole concept in detail in the article on the three subtle basic components (trigunās) of Sattva, Raja and Tama.
Keeping the above in mind, the following is the basic principle behind any type of spiritual healing treatment practised anywhere in the world, regardless of the type of healing.
When a person is attacked by negative energies or entities from the spiritual dimension, he or she can have a number of problems in life. When the negative entity attacks a person by creating either a medical or mental problem or any problem for that matter, it (the ghost) in fact increases the subtle basic Raja-Tama component and decreases the Sattva component in and around the affected person or object. The ghosts also create a covering of black energy around the person or infuse them with black energy. Black energy is spiritual energy used for harmful purposes.
Basically, by incorporating spiritual healing remedies (along with physical treatment) a person being healed derives the following advantages:
• Decreases the subtle basic Raja-Tama caused by the ghosts
• Increases the subtle basic Sattva component
• Endeavours to remove or at least decrease the black energy which is inherently Raja-Tama
Refer to the article on ‘How do ghosts possess a person (i.e. mechanism behind the act of possession)?’