Definition of Demonic Possession and Being Affected by Ghost
1. The definition of being ‘affected by ghosts’
Being affected by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) means the physical, mental, intellectual or spiritual (or any combination thereof) functioning of a person is affected or altered by ghosts entirely through the use of their black energy. There is no direct control by the ghosts over the mind and intellect of the affected person. The ghost has not succeeded in merging with the person’s consciousness in any form.
- Ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) with their black energy can either stimulate or cloud the faculties of the affected person.
- Through this black energy, they can affect the person in many ways such as giving him a skin rash, inducing negative thinking or clouding his intellect that cannot be attributed to any other known cause. In a way, this is indirect control over the person. For example, because of the skin rash, the person may not be able to go to a dance he was looking forward to attending. In this way, the ghost makes the affected person experience unhappiness by not allowing him to indulge in his desired activity.
- Affecting a person with black energy can be understood as something like the effect of a poisonous gas present in the room. It can affect the person at various levels. However the ghost affects that aspect of the person that is most conducive to achieving its objective, either of troubling that person, fulfilling its own desire, preventing spiritual practice, etc. We have to understand that the black energy of the ghost is deadlier than the deadliest of any poisonous gas in terms of the accuracy, intensity, depth and duration of its action.
2. Definition of demonic possession
Demonic possession is when a ghost controls the mind (emotions or thoughts) and intellect (decision making ability) of a person by merging with the person’s consciousness. As a result, they also control the person’s actions.
- The activities of the possessed person are controlled partially or fully by the possessing ghost.
- The ghosts possessing a person may reside inside the body of the affected person or control him from outside.
- Once possessed whether the ghost is inside or outside does not make a difference to the intensity of the possession.
- Even in the case of possession the black energy of the ghost is involved as it is part and parcel of the ghost, just as Divine consciousness (Chaitanya) is part and parcel of Saints. However the difference is that here the ghost is actively involved first hand in controlling the mind and intellect as a means to harm the person.
- In almost all cases, the person possessed does not know that they are possessed until it manifests in a dramatic way as shown in the Hollywood film ‘The Exorcism of Emily Rose’.