Spiritual research done by SSRF has revealed that most houses around the world have negative vibrations due to various causes. Refer to – What measures can one take to spiritually cleanse one’s house or environment of a haunting? These negative vibrations attract ghosts and our departed ancestors causing the house to be haunted. The ghosts and departed ancestors haunting the house invariably cause distress to the residents. Hence it is important for us to be able to pick up the symptoms of haunting so that we can then take measures to rectify the problem. Only Saints and people with highly advanced sixth sense can really perceive whether a house is haunted. However we have listed some of the common symptoms of haunting that give an indication of a possible haunting.
2. Symptoms of haunting
- Disappearance and reemergence of objects in the house
- Finding unidentified objects in the house
- Appearance of unexplained marks around the house, e.g. scratch marks on the walls, weird faces on cupboards or walls
- Hearing weird sounds or sounds of doors closing or opening, banging, laughter, walking, speaking, etc. in the absence of any source
- Sudden changes in temperature – 70% of the time the temperature becomes hot while 30% of the time it becomes cold
- Lights or electronic equipment going on or off repeatedly or not working without any reason
- Mobile phones not working
- Withering of sāttvik plants like the Holy basil (tulsī)
- Cats or dogs whining or barking unnecessarily
- Unexplained death of pets like cats
- Unusual happenings like sudden onslaught of pests like bed bugs, red ants, cockroaches or rodents
- Sudden unexplained appearance of religious symbols like the cross or the Om (ॐ) symbol in the house. These symbols are created by negative energies using their supernatural powers and are infused with illusory energy also known as māyāvī energy. Negative energies mislead people into believing that such symbols are a miraculous positive sign when in fact they are laden with black energy by them. One can only understand that such an event is an attack by using one’s sixth sense.
On the other hand, in seeker’s houses, religious symbols may be created by positive energies for their spiritual protection.
- Unexplained discord and animosity in the house
- Frequent unexplained illnesses or other problems like financial problems in the house
- Consecutive unexplained deaths in the house
- Feeling a presence in the house
- Finding unexplained blood stains on clothes, on objects or on the floor
- Feeling of being watched
- Actually seeing ghosts