- Sattva Raja and Tama – the subtle components
- Spiritual research in hair care and hairstyles
- What is Kundalini?
1. Introduction to the bun hairstyle from a spiritual perspective
2. Spiritual research on a bun hairstyle
2.1 Drawing based on subtle-knowledge of an ideal bun hairstyle
2.2 Where to position the bun on the head
2.3 Importance of a central parting
2.4 Other spiritual benefits of a bun
Black energy : The primary weapon used by negative energies is black energy which is a spiritual energy capable of manipulating any process on the Earth plane. The extent of this manipulation depends on the strength of the attacking negative energy.
The increase in spiritual positivity from a bun has other benefits
- One of the main benefits is that it helps provide positive energy to protect a woman from the attacks of negative energies.
- Any subtle black energy covering around the intellect is minimised.
- Due to a bun a woman experiences increased sharpness of intellect and behaves more maturely. Along with this her mind becomes more stable and there are more sattvik thoughts.
- Subsequently, it helps a woman to continue on her spiritual journey while living a worldly life.
2.5 The best bun hairstyles from a spiritual perspective
The traditional bun
Women put their hair up in a bun in a variety of ways. However the capacity to absorb Divine Consciousness (Chaitanya) from the environment is not as much as a traditional bun tied with a knot as shown in the picture above.
Bun hairstyle made from a folded braid (known as Khopa in India)
This is another style of making a bun which emits even better spiritual vibrations than the traditional bun we discussed above. In some parts of India it is referred to as a khopa. In order to make a khopa, one needs to first make a plait using three strands after making a central parting in one’s hair. The braid is then folded upwards and tucked in towards the head.
2.6 Examples of how not to tie a bun from a spiritual perspective
- When hair is put up in a bun in any other way other than described above, the spiritual purity or sāttvikta of the bun is impaired. In fact instead of the bun imbibing spiritual purity it could absorb Raja-Tama or spiritually impure vibrations.
- Do not tie a bun at the nape of the neck as at that point it will not be able to absorb spiritual energy.
- Parting the hair to the left or right or having no parting at all causes a covering of distressing energy to be created more easily.
- Unnecessary twisting of the hair in and around the bun reduces its ability to absorb positive energy and causes heaviness in the head.
As a result of the above factors a person can incur spiritual loss instead of being positively benefited by the bun.
3. Some do’s and don’ts with regard to tying a bun
While a bun hairstyle can help to increase the spiritual positivity of a woman there are a few things a woman may do that can reduce its spiritual benefits. This is apart from deviating from the spiritually proper way of tying one’s hair up in a bun.
Some women cover their bun with nylon net of various colours to keep it in place. This reduces the ability of the bun to absorb Divine Consciousness or Chaitanya from the environment. This therefore reduces the benefit of the bun in being able to provide energy for protection from attacks by negative energies.
In trying to make a bun look fashionable, multi coloured hairpins or clips are used. These are not sattvik and give out Raja-Tama vibrations. As a result they also attract negative vibrations towards the woman wearing them.
The ends of the hair should not stick out of the bun. By tucking the ends of the hair into the bun maximum positive energy is retained in the bun and a woman is also protected from the Raja-Tama aspects in the environment.
4. The effect on negative energies
At the Spiritual Science Research Foundation we witness various types of demonic possession. When the personality of these negative energies come to the surface as seen in the picture, we can easily perceive what they like and what they don’t like. Conversely we get a first-hand understanding of what is not good for us by observing what these negative energies like. In almost all cases if the person who is possessed has her hair tied in a bun, the manifested negative energy in her unties it and leaves the hair loose as it is not able to tolerate the positivity of the traditional bun hairstyle. The adjacent picture shows a person who is possessed by negative energies and when the negative energy manifested one of the first things it did was untie the hair bun.
5. In summary
Doing one’s hair up in a bun in the traditional way enhances spiritual positivity and reduces the risk of being attacked by negative energies. We therefore urge our readers who are women not to be swayed by prevailing fashion but to embrace the traditional bun hairstyle.
Doing spiritual practice makes one more sensitive to actually experiencing the spiritual purity of the bun hairstyle. Once one is able to perceive this purity, theoretical knowledge about the benefits of the bun hairstyle is not required as the experience itself will encourage one to keep on tying one’s hair up in a bun.
The next time you are planning to put your hair up in a bun you may consider tying it in the manner seen above. If you are able to perceive the positivity from a bun tied in the traditional way, please share your experiences with us, we would like to hear from you.
Experiences of our readers
On 1 May 2014 I read SSRF article on hair buns and was very impressed by it. I decided to immediately start wearing a bun since I have long hair. On my first day… read more
– Miss Barbara Leandro Araujo, Brazil.
How a bun hairstyle benefited Barbara
On 1 May 2014, I read the SSRF article on bun hairstyles and was very impressed by it. I decided to immediately start wearing a bun since I have long hair. On my first day of wearing the bun correctly, I felt the sattvik (positive) energy flowing through it and due to this, I felt that spiritual healing was happening on me. Since at the end of the article about the bun hairstyle SSRF requested that readers share their experiences, I thought of sending my experience. Please see some of my photos before wearing a bun and after wearing it. I want to express my gratitude to SSRF for sharing with all of us the spiritual benefits of bun hair style.
– Miss Barbara Leandro Araujo, Brazil.