Case study: Spiritual remedy for mouth ulcer
Table of Contents
- 1. About Ms. Madhura Bhosale
- 2. The illness (sore throat, cough and ulcers)
- 3. The medical diagnosis
- 4. The medical treatment
- 5. What was the actual spiritual root cause of the illness?
- 6. The reason why the illness did not subside despite the regular spiritual remedies like chanting, prayer etc.
- 7. How did the rituals in the religious ceremony bring about a prompt cure?
- 8. Summary
1. About Ms. Madhura Bhosale
Ms. Madhura B. Bhosle, age 22 years, a commerce graduate has been doing spiritual practice under the guidance of the Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) since 1997. She has been devoting all her time, free-of-charge, to the service unto the Truth (satseva) in the subtle perception department of the SSRF since April 2005. Presently she resides at the SSRF hermitage (aashram) in Goa, India. Her sixth sense is highly developed by virtue of which she can actually perceive what happens in the dimension beyond the five senses, mind and intellect – the subtle dimension. As a part of her service, she attends religious rituals in the vicinity, to study what exactly happens in the subtle dimension during the course of these rituals, and also to study the interference in these rituals by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies etc.).
The following is an account in her words, of an illness, which appeared to be a physical illness that did not respond to medical treatment and how it was ultimately cured.
The Subtle perception department is a section of the SSRF consisting of seekers who can perceive the subtle dimension, draw pictures of the subtle world (subtle pictures) and administer spiritual remedies. Some of the seekers from this department receive divine knowledge and some are pursuing divine art. The research activity of the SSRF is carried out predominantly by this department.
2. The illness (sore throat, cough and ulcers)
On 2 Feb 2006 my nose started running. This developed into a severe bout of the common cold. This was accompanied by a very bad sore throat due to which I had difficulty in swallowing food. Soon I developed a cough. I ran a high temperature. As a result, I became very weak and felt giddy. To add to my weakened state, I developed mouth ulcers. My mouth cavity and gums were literally studded with the ulcers. The tongue displayed a fiery red colour and cuts were seen in many places on it. The ulcers were so painful that I had difficulty in eating as well as in speaking.
3. The medical diagnosis
My mother is a qualified doctor who also stays at the same hermitage (aashram). She immediately examined me and found that my throat was highly inflamed and besides many ulcers, there was a big one at the corner of the last molar tooth on the left side. She measured my temperature and found that it was 99 degrees Fahrenheit.
She diagnosed my condition as acute pharyngitis with mouth ulcers.
4. The medical treatment
She prescribed medicine to stop my running nose and also gave me painkillers, antibiotics, multi-vitamin capsules and an anaesthetic gel to soothe my mouth ulcers. The exact prescription is shown below.
I took all the medicines diligently, but even after four days there was no improvement except for the decrease in temperature. In fact the condition worsened. My condition was so bad that I had continuous pricking pain as if there were thorns in my mouth. On my mother’s advice, I further continued the treatment for a week.
All along I was also using the following spiritual remedies:
Holy Ash: Ash infused with divine energy that is obtained from the ritual of sacrificial fires (yadnya) in which various herbs are offered as oblations to God in the sacrificial fire amidst chanting of mantras by priests.
- Applying pinch of Holy ash on the ulcers
- Along with this I was partaking of Holy sacrament and water mixed with Holy ash.
Even then until February 9 there was no improvement whatsoever.
On February 9 and 10, I was scheduled to attend a religious ceremony to take a subtle reading of the various rituals. As my physical condition was very bad, I was not sure whether I could make it. However as His Holiness Dr. Athavale had asked me to attend the religious ceremony, to study the rituals in the subtle dimension, I decided to go despite my ill health. Just before leaving for the ceremony I spoke to H.H. Dr. Athavale. He enquired about my health. I told Him that I was still unwell. He casually remarked that the rituals from the ceremony I was to attend would cure me of my distress.
Once I reached the venue of the ceremony, I was totally engrossed. I perceived a lot of divine consciousness (chaitanya) during the course of the rituals. As the rituals progressed, I experienced a progressive reduction in the mouth ulcer pain and by the evening the severity of many of my symptoms had reduced by 60%. I observed the ulcers in the mirror and found that their redness had decreased and their size had also reduced. By the end of the next day, almost all the symptoms were gone. It was an amazing experience! I am thankful to the Lord for relieving my ailments within such a short span.
5. What was the actual spiritual root cause of the illness?
According to the science of Spirituality, the spiritual root cause of any difficulty or illness is twofold:
- At a general level, it is because of an increase in the tama component with a concomitant decrease in the sattva. (Read more about the three subtle components)
- At a more specific level, it is because of a specific factor like an attack by a specific ghost (demon, devil, negative energy, etc.).
In this case, my subtle reading of the above experience showed that
A ghost's black energy centre in the body of affected person is the point in the body of the person affected by a ghost where it stores its black energy.
- The ghost first makes its centre in the gross or physical body as it is easiest to attack. Any point in the body afflicted by an illness like, for example, an inflamed joint, asthmatic lungs etc., where the raja-tama basic component has increased becomes a prospective venue for a 'centre' of the ghost.
- After making centres in the physical body, the ghost progressively attacks the subtle bodies like the mental (Causal) body, intellect (Supracausal) body etc.
- Root cause a ghost: The spiritual root cause of my sore throat was a subtle thorny mesh placed in my throat, as well as creation of a ghost’s black energy centre and a covering of black energy created around my throat by a sorcerer, i.e. a type of ghost (demon, devil, negative energy etc.)
- Effect of Holy sacrament and divine consciousness: Due to partaking of the Holy sacrament given by H.H. Dr. Athavale, the thorny spikes in the mesh first increased to fight the divine consciousness emanating from the holy sacrament and then decreased due to the sacrament overpowering them. The pointed ends of the subtle thorns were broken and then the thorny spikes dissolved in the divine consciousness emanating from the religious rituals. The black covering reduced and the energy in the ghost’s black energy centre also reduced. Consequently the severe ache in the throat reduced and my voice quality improved.
- Lack of effectiveness of medical treatment: Due to the presence of a spiritual root cause of the ulcers, despite taking adequate medical treatment for sufficient period, my ulcers did not heal. The ghost (demon, devil, negative energy etc.)tormenting me, a sorcerer, had deposited a lot of black negative energy in my mouth ulcers and had also used sharp pointed thorn-like subtle weapons to give me a lot of pain. It was a very severe attack. Since the medicines can only act at the gross (physical) level, the black energy in the ulcers, which is very subtle, could not be destroyed by them. This explained the very limited response to medicines.
6. The reason why the illness did not subside despite the regular spiritual remedies like chanting, prayer etc.
I was chanting, praying and applying the other spiritual remedies mentioned above, but the severity of the attack was such that a stronger spiritual remedy was called for.
Due to the illness and the non-stop onslaught of the ghost, the awakening of spiritual emotion in the chanting, prayer, etc., was not optimum.
Though the illness did not subside despite the regular spiritual remedies like chanting, prayer etc. these remedies prevented my further deterioration from my illness, besides giving me the strength to bear the pain and still continue my service in the hermitage.
7. How did the rituals in the religious ceremony bring about a prompt cure?
When the rituals were being performed a lot of divine consciousness (chaitanya) was being emitted in the atmosphere from the mantras recited by the priests. I benefited immensely from the readymade divine consciousness (which is very subtle) which was available in large quantity at the ceremony venue.
- My chanting, prayer, etc., improved remarkably both in quantity as well as quality. Due to this my physical weakness reduced. My enthusiasm and interest levels improved.
- The black energy in the ulcers was destroyed. That is why, first the pain reduced and later even the ulcers themselves disappeared.
The prompt recovery was also attributed to:
- H.H. Dr. Athavale’s resolve about me benefiting from the ritual.
- My conviction about attending the ritual to do the service of taking a subtle reading despite being sick and actually doing so.
- Ms. Madhura was suffering from symptoms suggestive of illness of a physical origin. That it was not the case is evident from the lack of response to conventional medicines.
- The spiritual root cause of the illness became clear from Ms. Madhura’s subtle reading.
- The case was confirmed by the dramatic improvement in Ms. Madhura’s symptoms after attending the religious ceremony.
- It is evident from the above case study that many of our even apparently clearly physical illnesses can have a spiritual root cause.
- Only the spiritually evolved can say with certainty whether this is the case.
- The diagnosis is confirmed when there is an alleviation of symptoms by spiritual remedies.
- Considering the importance of the religious rituals, do make it a point to attend them with spiritual emotion and derive infinite benefit from it.
- Even those without and active sixth sense (subtle perception ability) can ascertain at the intellectual level the presence of a spiritual root cause in the following circumstances
- If the intensity of the illness is unusually high.
- If there is no response to medical treatment.