1. Body piercing – an introduction
Body piercings are a common practice for many people today and we can find piercings on children, men and women alike. There can be different cultural, religious, or individual reasons for a person deciding to have a piercing. Most often body piercings are made for aesthetic reasons but what we do not realise is that this act can actually cause harmful effects on us if it is done at an inappropriate place. However, when the piercings are made at the appropriate acupressure points, we can experience positive spiritual benefits.
At the Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) we conducted spiritual research to find out what happens at a spiritual level when a person pierces the ear or nose compared to other parts of the body.
2. Spiritual effect of ear and nose piercings
Our spiritual research has shown that piercings on the ear lobes as well as the left side of the nose give us spiritual benefit.
Acupressure healing therapy occurs due to the pressure applied on the points of the ear or nose. The distressing energy present in that body part reduces due to this therapy.
3. Body piercing places which are spiritually harmful
Places on the body that are harmful to have piercings include the eyebrow, mouth, tongue and other parts of the face or body. The following drawing based on subtle-knowledge will illustrate the effects of having a piercing at such a place.
3.1 Drawing based on subtle-knowledge of an eyebrow piercing
Yoya has an ability to see into the subtle and creates drawings based on subtle-knowledge as part of her spiritual practice and service unto the Absolute Truth (satsēvā) . The drawings based on subtle-knowledge are then verified by His Holiness Dr. Athavale for accuracy.
The following drawing based on subtle-knowledge shows the effect of having an eyebrow piercing.
From the drawing based on subtle-knowledge we can understand the following:
- Having a piercing at the eyebrow increases a person’s ego as it increases our awareness of the body. Rings of ego are also activated and emitted from the person.
- Waves of attraction and illusionary energy are emitted from the person that can cause others to feel positive while looking at them.
- Distressing energy is attracted towards the area that is pierced and also creates a subtle-covering around the person with the piercing.
- The same effect occurs if we have a piercing at the tongue, mouth, or other body piercing place.
4. In summary – body piercings from a spiritual standpoint
After conducting this study some key points we can take with us include
By having a piercing at an appropriate place such as the left side of the nose or the ear, one can obtain many spiritual benefits for health and gain protection from negative energies (ghosts, devils, demons etc.).
Piercing the skin at places such as the eyebrow, mouth, or tongue does not have any spiritual benefit and will cause distress for the person wearing the piercing.
It is important for us to understand the effect of the various acts we practice in our daily lives. By ensuring that we follow practices which enable us to imbibe sāttvik vibrations we benefit spiritually and receive subtle-protection from distressing energies in the environment.