To understand this article we recommend you familiarise yourself with the presentation:
1. Benefits of chanting – an introduction
A number of Saints have explained the importance of chanting. Chanting means repetition of God’s Name. SSRF emphasises chanting as the foundation of spiritual practice. This is because chanting is the most conducive spiritual practice for the current times. It is more powerful when done mentally than when done aloud.
2. Subtle benefits of chanting
The following drawing based on subtle-knowledge has been drawn by Mrs. Yoya Vallee, a seeker of SSRF using advanced sixth sense. Yoya has an ability to see into the subtle and creates drawings based on subtle-knowledge as part of her spiritual practice and service unto the Absolute Truth (satsēvā). The drawings based on subtle-knowledge are then verified by H. H. Dr. Athavale for accuracy.
The drawing based on subtle-knowledge below displays the subtle-benefits of chanting God’s Name.
From the drawing based on subtle-knowledge we can understand the following:
- A ring of spiritual emotion (bhāv) is activated at the heart chakra (Anāhat-chakra)
- A flow of the Deity Principle is attracted towards the mid-brow chakra (ādnyā-chakra)
- A flow of Divine consciousness (Chaitanya) is attracted towards the person chanting
- A ring of Divine Energy (Shakti) is formed around the mid-brow chakra
Therefore by chanting we benefit from the subtle-frequencies attracted to and generated from God’s Name.
3. Medical, psychological and spiritual benefits of chanting
Chanting brings us many medical, psychological and spiritual benefits. In initial stages of spiritual practice it may be difficult to recognise the benefit we derive from chanting. In later stages of spiritual practice too, knowing the benefits of chanting can restore our faith after we have experienced them.
If we chant with the intention of achieving the basic purpose of human life which is to make spiritual progress, we will achieve our aim and experience all the other benefits of chanting too.
|Related links||Related Book|