1. Introduction to violent manifestations of demonic possession
In violent manifestations of demonic possession the ghost’s consciousness takes over and acts in a violent manner. The manifestation displayed may result in the following:
- Behaviour that is an accentuation of the basic personality trait. For example, an aggressive person may become even more violent.
- Behaviour that is contrary to the personality of the person or the situation. A docile and timid person may display uncharacteristic aggressive behaviour.
- Sometimes the person can display super human strength when violent. We have seen situations where people who are quite frail need many people to restrain them.
2. Video of violent manifestation of a demonic possession
The following video displays two examples of violent manifestations. The explanations for both the videos are given below.
2.1 Violent manifestation of a ghost causing choking and writhing movements
- At the time of this incident, the person in this video had been doing spiritual practice as per the six basic principles of spiritual practice under the guidance of SSRF for the last 4-5 years.
- This person is possessed by a ghost since many years. However the possession came to light only after she had done a considerable amount of spiritual practice. This was because the entity troubling her could no longer bear the sāttviktā generated from her daily spiritual practice. Until then the ghost had been troubling her in stealth mode by creating various problems in her life.
- This video clipping was taken during a routine spiritual healing session in the SSRF hermitage (ashram) in Goa, India. When the ghost was forced out of its hiding inside her, it tried to intimidate the person and the healer by choking and pulling and pushing her around.
2.2 Violent manifestation of a ghost from the 6th region of Hell
- This person has been possessed by a powerful subtle-sorcerer (māntrik) from the 6th region of Hell (Pātāl) since many years. (Refer to the table which gives the comparative strength of various types of ghosts.)
- In this incident the ghost manifested merely due to the presence of His Holiness Dr. Athavale.
- A subtle-battle ensued in which the ghost actively tried to attack H.H. Dr. Athavale. The ferocity of a subtle-battle cannot be measured by what is visible to us. The method of fighting used by H.H. Dr. Athavale was going into a meditative state to combat the black energy of the subtle-sorcerer.
- As the subtle-sorcerer started losing the battle, it resorted to physical distraction tactics to disturb the meditative state of H.H. Dr. Athavale.
- Ultimately after an hour of battle the ghost was drained of his black energy and gave up.