Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to types of ghosts
- 2. Is there any hierarchy in ghosts?
- 3. How does a ghost become a particular type of ghost or type of a demon?
- 4. Basic shape and form of types of ghosts
- 5. SSRF research on types of ghosts
1. Introduction to types of ghosts
At the outset, it is important to note that while we use the phrase ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) as a collective noun to cover the entire gamut of negative energies, there is a vast difference between the lower order ghosts and higher order ghosts such as subtle-sorcerers (māntriks) from the sixth and seventh region of Hell (Pātāl). This difference is in terms of their spiritual strength. It is like comparing the military might of the United States of America to a small country in the Pacific Ocean. Though they both have the status of being sovereign nations, they are simply not in the same league in terms of military might.
Ghosts primarily use their spiritual strength gained through their type of spiritual practice to harm humanity. The extent of possible harm depends on their spiritual strength which is generally a function of the type of ghost or type of a demon. In the table below we have given the various types of ghosts and their relative spiritual strength.
A comparative chart of the relative spiritual strength across various genres of ghosts
|Type of negative energy 1
|Relative strength of the type of negative energy
|% of people2 affected
|Corresponding spiritual strength of Saints3 as per their spiritual level
|The Common Ghost (Bhūt)4
|Demons (Rākshas and Asur)
|10 – 100
|Black Serpent (Kālā Nāg)
|Female goblin (Hadal)
|Subtle Sorcerer (Māntrik)
5th – 7th Region of Hell
|100,000 – close to infinity
- The figures in the table are applicable to the current time period up until the year 2025. It shows an increase in the activity of higher-level ghosts. Refer to the articles on World War 3 Predictions and the Battle of Good versus Evil. Ordinarily the the type of negative energies that affect an average person would be the common ghost/departed ancestor. However, here in the table, it shows that that in current times there is a predominance of demons affecting mankind.
- By percentage of people affected, we refer to the proportion of the world’s population affected by the various types of negative energies.
- This column shows the spiritual level of Saints involved in spreading Spirituality and their spiritual strength as compared to the strength of the various types of negative energies. For example, the spiritual strength of a Saint of 70% involved in spreading Spirituality is less than the spiritual strength of a type of ghost such as the female goblin (haḍal). However, please note that the corresponding strength levels and spiritual levels can vary to some extent. It is impossible for the average exorcist/spiritual healer to overcome negative energies above the common ghost (bhūt) or departed ancestor (who have not become ghosts). The average exorcists, spiritual healers, sorcerers and average priests can at best remove common ghosts or departed ancestors affecting or possessing a person. They would generally be unaware of any higher-level negative energies possessing a person.
- In most cases, people are affected by departed ancestors wanting to trouble their descendants. However, the desire of departed ancestors to trouble their descendants is invariably fuelled by energy from higher level ghosts. So even in the case of a demon affecting a person, they may do it through a departed ancestor. In some cases, the departed ancestors could themselves be a type of negative energy.
- The subtle-sorcerers rarely affect/possess people directly and only do so in case of:
- The hardened terrorist/ruler working for the downfall of humanity at large or
- To stop a Saint’s mission who is working for the upliftment of humanity at a spiritual level.
As you can see from the above chart, the spiritual strength of subtle-sorcerers is the maximum amongst all types of negative energies. They have access to enormous amounts of spiritual black energy. They can access it to cause damage over large areas and severely affect humanity at large. Subtle-sorcerers from the 6th and 7th Region of Hell have the spiritual capability to wage a subtle-war even against lower level Deities from the subtle region of Heaven (Swarga).
1.1 What about all the familiar names of ghosts?
For those of you who have been exposed to literature about ghosts, you may be wondering what happened to the familiar names you have read about such as Satan, Devil, Poltergeist, Phantom etc. These are but various names of ghosts that fit into the framework of generic types of ghosts or demons that we have given above.
2. Is there any hierarchy in ghosts?
Yes there is a hierarchy among ghosts which is based on their spiritual power or strength. Ultimately all ghosts are controlled by subtle-sorcerers.
2.1 Is there any head of all ghosts?
Yes, a subtle-sorcerer who is a Guru (master) subtle-sorcerer guides other subtle-sorcerers.
3. How does a ghost become a particular type of ghost or type of a demon?
- The main reason behind a person becoming a certain type of ghost or type of demon is due to their predominant personality trait and their predominant thought at the time of death. For example people involved in adversely affecting humanity at large are more likely to become subtle-sorcerers. On the other hand excessive worldly desires and constantly thinking ill about others may culminate in one becoming a common ghost after death. This also depends on how much the trait is ingrained in oneself and how often it has manifested into action.
- Consequently one’s fate in the afterlife can also be determined by the type of ghost that controlled the person when on Earth. In cases where a person on Earth is fully under the control of a ghost such as a subtle-sorcerer they are more likely to become slave subtle-sorcerers in the afterlife.
- The basic rule is that negative personalities attract negativity and are fuelled by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) with or without their knowledge.
4. Basic shape and form of types of ghosts
In the various articles where we have provided detailed information on the various types of ghosts and demons, drawings based on subtle-knowledge of their generic form have been provided. Please note that this is just a rough guideline as ghosts can take up any form.
The spiritual principle that word, touch, form, taste, smell and its associated energy coexist is also true with ghosts. Depending on their type of energy, they take up generic forms. These forms can however change, depending on what the ghost is trying to achieve. For example, if the ghost is trying to intimidate, it will take up an intimidating form, whereas if it is trying to fool a spiritual healer it may take a form of an angel or a positive energy. They can also take the form of our departed ancestors thus misleading psychics and the people who come to psychics to enquire about departed relatives. This is true in almost all cases.
5. SSRF research on types of ghosts
The Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) has been studying various types of ghosts (demons) and their manifestations since the year 2000. At that time due to the intense spiritual practice of seekers in the SSRF hermitages (Ashrams) across India and the mission of the organisation to spread Spirituality in order to herald in the era of spiritual renewal after 2025, we found that seekers of SSRF began to be increasingly targeted by ghosts. Initially the lower order ghosts began to attack the SSRF hermitages and seekers. SSRF seekers fought this onslaught of subtle-attacks by increasing their spiritual level, spiritual healing remedies and most importantly the grace of their spiritual guide His Holiness Dr. Athavale. However as the years progressed, various types of demons and type of ghosts of increasing spiritual strength attacked seekers in an attempt to stop the spiritual research that was taking place in the SSRF hermitages.
During the period from 2000 to date, SSRF has had the opportunity to witness and research thousands of subtle-attacks and possession by various types of ghosts. In this section, we explain the various genres of ghosts and their characteristics.