According to the Law of Karma, every positive deed generates a “merit” while every negative deed generates a “demerit” or sin. Subsequently one has to reap the results of one’s actions. Whenever one does a good deed for another, this results in a positive return in the form of some happiness. This is over and above a simple “thank you” from that person! Whenever one inflicts harm, this results in a negative return in the form of some sorrow. It cannot be undone by a simple “I’m sorry!” Throughout our lives, we are either settling an old account or creating a new one. If the account cannot be settled in this birth, it is carried over to the next birth. We are not consciously aware of the give-and-take karmic accounts generated in our previous births. In understanding the Law of Karma, we can see how Spirituality can be useful to even those of us who have absolutely no spiritual aspirations and who only wish to be immersed in worldly pursuits. Even for those worldly relations to be fruitful they need to be insulated from destiny.
Introductory articles to karma
Spiritual research on karma
Merits, Sins and Atonement for Sins
How to overcome karma (destiny)?
- Learn what you can do to begin your spiritual journey (spiritual practice) and overcome destiny starting today itself.
- Chanting the Name of God is the easiest way to overcome karma and make spiritual progress.
- While there are many generic paths to God, the Path of Guru’s Grace (Gurukrupāyoga) causes the fastest spiritual progress and allows us to quickly overcome our karmic account.
Related videos and tutorials
- Destiny (karma) governs all human life. Every person has to undergo the consequences of his actions.
- Learn how destiny (karma) can influence our decisions.
- 80% of the root causes of problems in life are spiritual in nature. Understand how the spiritual dimension affects our lives.
Case Studies of seekers who have had problems due to destiny (karma)
Mr. Arvind Thakkar explains how he overcame severe destiny through spiritual practice and Guru’s grace.