Table of Contents
1. Introduction to what influences compatibility in relationships
Many people dream of having a relationship where they will grow old together. A relationship which is built on mutual respect and trust, where there is companionship, love and compatibility. However, in today’s world this can be elusive. Many relationships start out okay but how they will end or whether they will last depends on many factors. Having an understanding of what these factors are will definitely provide insight into our relationships and why some work and other don’t work as well.
In this article, we share the various factors that can affect any relationship between two people. It can be your spouse/partner or a friend or colleague.
2. Main factors that influence compatibility in relationships
If one asks a mental health professional or if we search on the internet for what influences a relationship, the chances are that apart from looks, we will be provided with a list of factors which are primarily psychological in nature such as mutual respect, trust, care, having similar interests, sense of humour, etc.
However, to assess the underlying factors behind anything in life, one has to view it holistically, which means including the spiritual aspects.
Through spiritual research, we have found that the factors that influence the compatibility of a relationship can be broadly categorised under 3 aspects of life. They are physical, psychological (which includes intellectual) and spiritual. In the chart below, we have provided the approximate effect each of these aspects exerts in a person’s relationship.
This knowledge is received through spiritual research based on advanced sixth sense. As you can see from the above chart, the interplay of spiritual factors in two people’s lives play a vital role in the quality of their relationship.
3. Breakdown of the main factors that influence compatibility in relationships
So, what are these spiritual factors that influence us and our relationships to such an extent (81%) ?
In the table below, we have expanded upon the various sub-factors that influence compatibility in relationships. It is important to note that we have separated the factors according to whether the couples or people involved in a relationship are active seekers of God or not. The reason we have made this split is because the spiritual factors change depending on whether one is doing spiritual practice.
Footnotes (based on the numbers in red in the table above) :
- ‘Physical’ refers not only to the physical looks of the couple/persons involved, but also to physical issues such as the distance separating a couple, illnesses, differences in sexual drive or preferences, etc. that can affect compatibility.
- Though the ego appears to contribute only 4%, we have to keep in mind that many of the other causes of differences are in fact manifestations of ego.
Some important observations
- The reasons behind why a marriage is successful or not is also apparent from the chart above. As you can see, the relationship compatibility between two people is primarily dependent on factors beyond the understanding of the five senses, mind and intellect, i.e. the spiritual factors, in particular the give-and-take account between them.
- Physical looks and being a good match psychologically account for only 15% of the compatibility between two people.
- Even if two people are practising Spirituality, large differences in spiritual levels between two seekers in a relationship can affect their relationship. This is because one’s perspective changes considerably as one grows spiritually, and one becomes more expansive. This can create differences in opinion between two seekers.
- The spiritual path two people are on can also affect their compatibility. For example, if one person is more devotional while the other is more inclined towards the path of meditation, it could create differences in how they approach their spiritual practice and life in general.
- When two people are doing spiritual practice, the force of the give-and-take account reduces in their lives and their spiritual practice reduces adverse destiny. The best relationships are those found between seekers. Such people actively work on reducing personality defects, which are one of the main causes of problems in relationships.
- Negative energies and departed ancestors can adversely affect and influence relationships. They can cause various problems in people’s lives. If anyone in a relationship is possessed by negative energies, it can cause them to behave inappropriately (most of the time beyond their control) thus putting immense pressure on the relationship. This is because most people do not understand the spiritual aspects of bad behaviour and blame the person and not the negative energy who is actually making them do inappropriate things. Also, do refer to the article on – What are ancestral problems ?
- The house or the place one is living in can affect relationships. Negative energies in the premises are more active especially when one’s house is located next to a graveyard or is built on a graveyard from centuries ago. In our section on – How to spiritually cleanse your home – we have provided various solutions to this problem.