SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to spiritual healers
- 2. The importance of a spiritual healer’s spiritual level
- 3. Analogy of how a spiritual healer heals a patient
- 4. The importance of a spiritual healer’s spiritual level (the wire)
- 5. Risks of healing when at a lower spiritual level
- 6. To what percentage can these three modes heal in relation to a person’s problems due to destiny?
- 7. What is the catalyst to gain access to spiritual energies?
1. Introduction to spiritual healers
This article is a continuation of the article “Mechanism behind Spiritual Healing Methods using objects.”
The source of the knowledge contained in this article is Spiritual Research.
For a person to practice as a spiritual healer, he or she needs to be above the spiritual level of 50%, however, it is preferable for the healer to be above the 60% spiritual level. There are some instances where a person can heal even when below this spiritual level and in this article we will cover the criteria necessary for this to happen. We will explain the basic mechanism of how a person is able to provide healing energy to others. This article contains important information from the viewpoint of the healer, as well as of the person who seeks healing.
2. The importance of a spiritual healer’s spiritual level
Spiritual Level: If we consider that the spiritual level of a God-realised person is 100%, then the mode spiritual level of an average person in the present times is 20%. Over 90% of the world's population is below the 35% spiritual level. The minimum spiritual level of a person to be acknowledged as a Saint is 70%.
The spiritual level of a spiritual healer is the all important aspect which defines:
- how they are able to treat or heal others,
- what healing methods they can use and
- the types of Universal energies they have access to.
3. Analogy of how a spiritual healer heals a patient
We are going to explain this section in the form of a simple analogy of turning a light on. The first step in making a light bulb come on is to turn the appropriate switch on. The electrical current then flows across a wire and the final output is that a bulb begins to glow. Depending on which bulb we want to turn on, the appropriate switch would need to be turned on. Similarly, in spiritual healing, various healing methods bring about various effects. In all cases the final effect of healing (i.e. the glowing bulb or the final output) is orchestrated through the five Absolute Cosmic Principles (Panchatattva).
Here the ‘switch’ used by healers refers to methods such as chanting, prayer, Reiki, Pranic healing, Resolve and Presence. Depending on his or her spiritual ability, a healer is able to access various ‘switches’ and transmit the energy to the patient or person in need of healing.
4. The importance of a spiritual healer’s spiritual level (the wire)
We have likened this aspect of spiritual level to a spiritual healer’s capacity to access or be a conduit for the various levels of universal energies.
As humans, we are made up of the physical body (which includes the five senses), the vital body (prāṇa-dēha), the mind, the intellect, the subtle-ego and the Soul. The mind is the seat of emotions and thoughts, whereas the intellect is the seat of reasoning or the cause-and-effect relations between events. Each of these bodies is more subtle (intangible) than the other. Refer to the article, “What are humans comprised of?“
As we grow spiritually through spiritual practice, we begin to dissolve our five senses, mind and intellect. By this we mean that we begin to orient our efforts and thinking towards realising or merging into God. By this process, we transcend our individual mind and intellect and thus gain the ability to access the Universal Mind and Intellect. In the diagram below, we have shown a spiritual cross-section view of how the Soul (ātmā) or the God principle within us begins to shine through with appropriate spiritual practice. As a result, we imbibe Divine qualities such as love without expectation for others (prīti), humility, and lack of ego.
From a spiritual healer’s perspective something more important begins to happen as his or her various bodies or sheaths begin to dissolve due to spiritual practice. The healer receives access to higher and higher levels of universal energies.
It is recommended that an individual have a minimum spiritual level of at least 50% in order to practice as a healer. This is because at this spiritual level one begins to gain access to universal energies that can be used for healing. However, the 60% spiritual level is preferable because at this spiritual level a seeker’s mind begins to dissolve. Hence, he or she is better able to subtly understand the root cause of a spiritual problem and also to access higher levels of spiritual protection.
The following table provides information on one’s ability to access the manifest and unmanifest energy of God depending on one’s spiritual level. The unmanifest energy of God is more powerful.
|Spiritual Level||Manifest (Sagun) Energy||Unmanifest (Nirgun) energy|
|70% (Saint level begins)||70||30|
Initially, any healing ability occurs due to accessing the manifest (saguṇ) form of God’s energy. As a person’s mind, intellect and ego keep dissolving due to higher and higher levels of spiritual practice, one gains more access to God’s energy that is unmanifest (nirguṇ). At the 90% spiritual level, this unmanifest energy gives the ability to heal to an unlimited level.
Healing done by Saints at the level of Resolve and Presence is done only as per God’s will. As the dissolution of the various bodies has happened to a great extent in a Saint, He is able to understand God’s thoughts and hence act accordingly.
5. Risks of healing when at a lower spiritual level
One can also heal at the 40% spiritual level, if one has a lot of desire. However at this level one may only be able to heal the impact of lower level ghosts affecting another person. Along with this limited ability, there are serious dangers that can arise from trying to heal other people when the healer is at a lower spiritual level.
- One is prone to be affected by the spiritual distress of the person that one is trying to heal.
- If the person being healed is possessed by a higher level entity, then this entity could severely react against the healer. As a result the healer could be affected.
- Also at lower spiritual levels the healer has limited energy and hence takes a longer time to overcome the attack at a subtle level and heal.
- This could also lead to lower than expected results and hence a reduction in faith of people in spiritual healing. As a result the patient may suffer from depression as the healing does not take place as expected.
- At lower spiritual levels the ego of the healer is more likely to be increased which is very detrimental from a spiritual standpoint. Higher levels of ego in a healer can be used by negative energies to affect and possess him or her.
- If one heals for worldly recognition, then too, over a period of time one can become the target of negative energies.
Healers at a higher spiritual level, who are spiritually positive and who perform healing selflessly with no focus on material gain, retain their spiritual positivity. This is especially so when they perform spiritual healing under the guidance of a Guru.
On the other hand, healers who have huge egos and heal for fame and money invariably become possessed by negative energies and erode their spiritual energy.
As a rule of thumb, 30% of healers are spiritually positive, while 70% heal under the influence of negative energies. Out of the 30% of healers that are spiritually positive, 10% are helped by positive energies in the spiritual dimension and 20% use their own spiritual energy. In the case of spiritual healers who use their own energy with the intention of personal gain or recognition, they deplete their spiritual energy.
Source: Spiritual Research conducted by SSRF.
6. To what percentage can these three modes heal in relation to a person’s problems due to destiny?
The 3 modes we are referring to here are:
- Healing through inanimate objects
- Healing through people (healers)
- Healing through Saints
Depending on a person’s destiny a person experiences varying amounts of happiness and sadness in life. As we have mentioned earlier, a sure way to overcome destiny or at least be insulated from the pain it can cause is by practising Spirituality according to the six basic principles of spiritual practice.
The following chart gives a breakdown of the intensity of problems that people face in life and how the three modes of healing (by objects, people and Saints) can help in alleviating the problem.
7. What is the catalyst to gain access to spiritual energies?
- The main deciding factor as to whether a person has the ability to heal is dependent on his or her spiritual level. People at higher spiritual levels have a greater ability to heal spiritually.
- Regular spiritual practice increases the spiritual level of a person. A person’s spiritual level can be due to spiritual practice undertaken either in their current lifetime or in previous lifetimes.
- The healer’s desire to heal is a secondary factor that helps enhance a spiritual healer’s ability to heal.
Do read the next article in this series, “How should a spiritual healer go about healing?“.