SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
Table of Contents
1 Two important principles for a spiritual healer to follow
At the outset, we need to understand two important principles:
- The best type of spiritual healing is when a person does spiritual practice for himself. By doing spiritual practice we build up our own spiritual reserves so that we are less prone to attack from the spiritual dimension. Undertaking regular spiritual practice is also far more sustainable as a protective measure than being spiritually healed using some form of spiritual healing. As much as possible, spiritual healers need to encourage people to begin and be consistent with their spiritual practice, even if they continue to come to them for healing. Spiritual practice complements the spiritual healer’s efforts in removing the problem.
- In our article on the purpose of life, we mention that spiritual growth to realise God is our main purpose in life. Accordingly if all our actions, spiritual healing or otherwise, are aligned to assist ourselves and others to progress spiritually, we receive the maximum benefit from our efforts.
2 Who should a spiritual healer heal?
Given the above, a spiritual healer’s time and energy is best spent when they help others overcome any spiritual obstacles that are preventing them from practising Spirituality. In this way, they are helping people grow spiritually.
From a purely spiritual perspective, it is best that one does not use spiritual healing energy on people that have no intention of starting spiritual practice. The reason for this is that unless a person does spiritual practice to enhance the spiritual healing, it at best brings about temporary relief because the affecting entity can cause harm in other areas of that person’s life or the person can be affected repeatedly by other entities. Spiritual healers have access to Universal energy appropriate to their spiritual level. Along with this comes a responsibility to help people grow spiritually, which is in alignment with the purpose of life. If the spiritual healer does not fulfil this responsibility, he begins to stagnate and his spiritual level invariably deteriorates. Moreover, he can potentially be overcome and used by ghosts.
It is advisable to not become overly involved with healing people just for the sake of healing. If it is in a person’s destiny to go through a certain amount of suffering, then the spiritual healing merely alleviates his suffering temporarily. Moreover, the person still has to experience the required quota of suffering. Consequently, instead it would be spiritually beneficial if our intention is to heal a person so he develops faith that the spiritual dimension exists and this in turn inspires him to begin his spiritual practice.
To use spiritual healing energy in order to fulfil some worldly desire is an inappropriate use of spiritual healing remedies. The following flowchart shows the choices that a healer has when he or she begins to receive access to more and more spiritual energy.
3 When should one assist another person by the application of spiritual remedies?
As seekers of God do spiritual practice, they are sometimes attacked by higher level negative energies that have the intention of obstructing their (the seeker’s) spiritual practice. A seeker’s spiritual energy may not be sufficient to repel such attacks. Therefore, it becomes necessary to enhance these seekers’ spiritual energy with spiritual healing remedies in the following situations:
- When the disturbance is too severe and urgent intervention is called for
- When they are too weak mentally or spiritually to be able to heal themselves
- When the person is physically unable to do remedies, for example, he or she is unconscious
- When a person is not well-versed in a certain remedy
4 In summary – key things to make a note of for a spiritual healer
Spiritual healing is practised by many people worldwide. Only by understanding the principles that govern spiritual healing and by having a spiritual perspective on ‘who’ and ‘when’ to heal can healers be assured of being in alignment with the purpose of life. It is important for spiritual healers to do regular spiritual practice, and this helps to avoid a rise in one’s ego, which could be very detrimental to a person who practises as a spiritual healer. Regular spiritual practice also protects the spiritual healer from attacks by negative energies.
The best spiritual healing gift that healers can give their patients is assisting them in beginning their spiritual practice so that they can help themselves at a spiritual level. This is akin to ‘not giving a person fish but rather giving him a fishing rod’ and thus helping him become independent.
If spiritual healers have any questions about this article or any article in the series on Spiritual Healing Principles, please contact us through the ‘Live chat’ functionality.