SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment, along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
1. Introduction to handling of Holy ash (vibhuti)
Holy ash (vibhuti) made by lighting SSRF incense sticks is a very good spiritual healing tool.
Refer to the section of “Why ash from lit SSRF incense sticks is known as Holy ash”.
As it acts at a spiritual level, its efficacy is directly proportional to its sattvikta and the reverence and the faith with which it is treated and handled.
From this point of view, following are some do’s and don’ts about handling SSRF Holy ash.
2. Do’s in handling Holy ash (vibhuti)
At a spiritual level
- Reverence: Treat it with utmost reverence. The SSRF incense sticks contain a specific fragrance selected through spiritual research. Hence, when they are lighted, they attract a specific aspect of God principle (Deity). Consequently, the Holy ash collected is also high in that particular Deity principle.
- Placement: Keep it at the altar as far as possible, so as to protect its sattvikta.
- For added protection: To ensure better protection of the sattvikta of the Holy ash, one can affix a strip of a Name of God (Nampatti) or a picture of a Deity on the lid of the container.
- Handle with right hand: It is spiritually best to handle Holy ash with the right hand. Even for left handed people, it is best to use the right hand as it is associated with the Sun Channel (Surya-nadi) of the spiritual energy system of the body (also known as Kundalini) and so, more energy flows through it, making it the more active hand.
At a physical level
Holy ash just like any other physical object can become impure or contaminated if mixed with other substances or not stored appropriately. If contaminated at a physical level, it cannot be used in spiritual healing remedies, which includes application of Holy ash on open wounds and in the making of Holy Water to be ingested.
- Storage: Store it in a clean, dry container as soon as the incense stick is burned. This should be done within three hours or else there is a risk of it losing sattvikta and getting contaminated physically. If left for more than three hours, it should not be added to the main store of Holy ash.
- Miminise contact: Every time one opens the container, there is a chance of the Holy ash being contaminated both at a physical and a spiritual level. If there is a larger store then remove a small part for day-to-day use to limit physical contact to the minimum.
- Cleanliness: Wash your hands before touching Holy ash.
3. Don’ts in handling Holy ash
At a spiritual level
- During menses: The subtle basic Raja component in the woman increases during the five days of menses or till the bleeding continues. If a woman in her menstrual phase comes in contact with the Holy ash, the spiritual purity or subtle basic Sattva component in it is reduced. Hence, it is advisable not to touch the store of Holy ash during menses.However, if a woman is staying alone she can keep a small store of Holy ash apart before her menses to use during that period, so that she does not have to touch the main store, as that would result in reducing its spiritual purity to some extent.
- Birth and death: Do not touch the main store of the Holy ash for 12 days after a birth or death in the immediate family. This is because there is an increase in the Raja-Tama in the immediate family.
- Risk of black energy: Do not store the Holy ash for too long as it can be covered by black energy. Holy ash from SSRF incense sticks is recommended to be kept for a maximum of three months. After that, it should be disposed in running water or the sea. If running water is not available, it can be buried in the backyard or garden.
- Person affected: If there is more than one person in the household, it is best that those with severe distress from ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies etc.) do not touch the main store of Holy ash, as it would reduce its sattvikta.
- Cleanliness: Do not touch the store of Holy ash without washing hands and feet after going to the toilet or after being out of the house. This is because one is exposed to increased Raja-Tama in a toilet and out of the house.