Nadi astrology is a form of Vedic astrology practised in Tamil Nadu and adjacent regions in India. It is based on the belief that Hindu Sages foresaw the present lives of many humans in ancient times. The dialogue between Deity Shiva and Goddess Parvati about the entire human race was heard by the Saptarishis. The great Saptarishis are the seven greatest Sages of the Vedic realm who have attained a semi-immortal status, an exceedingly long lifespan thanks to their yogic power and the facility of their penance. The seven Saints were assigned to be present through the four eras to direct humanity). The Sages are – Sage Kashyap, Sage Vasishtha, Sage Vishwamitra, Sage Atri, Sage Gautama, Sage Jamadagni, and Sage Bharadwaj. The dialogue between Deity Shiva and Goddess Parvati the Saptarishis wrote for the emancipation of the entire human race and to bring about the spiritual progress of every living being. They wrote everything they heard on palm leaves, known as Jivanadi bhavishya or palm leaf astrology. The Jivanadi patti is read by nadi readers (who predict the future based on reading a manuscript written by the Saptarishis or the conversations between the Saptarishis). This is a form of astrology that provides information on an individual’s past, present, and future.
Nadi readers get guided in the subtle by Maharshis. Maharshis denotes one or a combination of the Sages active amongst the seven Sages, as per the need of the mission. Most of the time, Sage Vasishtha guides as the Adiguru (the first spiritual master) while the other six Sages ask Him on behalf of humanity as their representative. The Maharshi (or the guiding Sage amongst the seven Sages) can change every few months as per the need of the mission. As per advanced sixth sense, it is noticed that sometimes it is Sage Vasishtha and Sage Vishwamitra along with Sage Nandikeshwar and Sage Narad. At other times, Sages Angiras, Jamadagni, Durvas, and Pulastya are involved in the conversation. It can also be Sage Vasishtha, Sage Vishwamitra, Sage Gautam, Sage Parashar, Sage Pulastya, Sage Angiras, and Sage Durvas. Sometimes Nandikeshwar or Sage Narad also ask questions.
The Maharishis have predicted about Paratpar Guru Dr Athavale that He is an incarnation of Deity Vishnu Himself. His mission is a Divine mission for the spiritual upliftment of society. H.H. (Dr) Om Ulaganathan (One of the Saints who can read the nadi patti) shared his experience reading the nadi patti, ‘this Jivanadi patti is dynamic and vibrant. While it is being read, its letters change automatically, and he can perceive Deity Shiva and Goddess Parvati dancing on it.’ Today very few people have the skills to read the Jivanadi patti written by the Maharshis millions of years ago. H.H. (Dr) Om Ulaganathan is one of them. In the Tamil language, nadi means to search, in short, to search for the true self.
The following is a list of the articles/research conducted on – Astrology and reading of nadi patti (Palm tree astrology).
- Spiritual research on the fruits given by the Saptarishis(seven greatest Sages of the Vedic realm) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on the different plants such as Jyotiphool, Mayursingai, Nagdand, etc. given by Maharshis (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on the Holy petals of flowers from yadnyas(Sacrificial fires) sent by the ancient Sage Bhrigu – through the medium of nadi patti readers, who predict the future based on reading a manuscript written by the Saptarishis (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on three metal pots(Kalash) installed on roofs of the Spiritual Research Centre and Ashram in Goa, India on the advice of Maharshis (through the medium of nadi patti readers) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on yantras (a device/shape which represents a Deity or symbolic representation of aspects of Divinity) gifted by Maharshi (through the medium of nadi pattireaders) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on one page from the Bhrigu Samhita (Holy text written by Sage Bhrigu) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on one page from the Shiva Samhita (Holy Text) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on Saptarishi nadi patti(Palm-leaf astrology) (Yet to be published)
- Spiritual research on a bundle of nadi astrological predictions written by Maharshi Agasti (Yet to be published)