1. Where is the battle between good and evil fought?
The battle between good and evil is fought mainly in the subtle-world between the subtle-forces of good and evil. This battle, even though at a much larger scale than any battle on Earth (Bhūlok), can only be perceived by a person who has an advanced sixth sense.
After the subtle-forces of good begin to win the subtle-battle, it is followed by a battle in the physical realm which is on Earth. This battle in the physical realm affects the entire world but it is required to remove all the evil doers from the face of Earth. At first the battleground manifests on Earth in people’s minds and it seems like we are living in a world that has gone crazy. This is pretty much like the state of our world in recent times. This is primarily because of negative energies possessing or affecting humankind. Along with this there is an increasing intensity of natural disasters (such as floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, epidemics and drought). Later the battle in the subtle, manifests to a greater extent and escalates the turmoil on Earth. It will finally culminate in a Third World War along with severe natural disasters. Natural disasters are nature’s way of cleansing the planet of the Tama predominant elements and therefore making way for a better world.
2. When does the battle between good and evil intensify?
The battle between good and evil intensifies when the subtle basic Sattva component drops to a relative low point (or rock bottom) and the subtle basic Tama component reaches a relative peak. The reduction in the Sattva component is a function of the proportion of evildoers on Earth. The amount that the Sattva component reduces by differs over time and changes with each era. For example, the worst period of Satyayug (the first era of the universe) would be far more sāttvik than the period of highest sāttviktā in the whole of Kaliyug (which is the current era of the universe).
Please note: The figures for the first three eras are for the main eras and not for the mini-cycles within it.
In the future, in the next mini-cycles, rock bottom or the low point will come after the evildoers have crossed 35%, 40% and so on. When they become 100%, the universe will cease to exist because the entire human race will have to be annihilated by God.
3. Who participates in the battle between good and evil?
- Most of the seekers of God are unaware of this subtle-battle as they do not possess the sixth sense ability to understand it and nor have they been told about it. As a result, they can neither prepare themselves to face the attack by demonic forces, nor can they participate in the battle. Most Saints on Earth who are involved purely in their own individual spiritual practice are also unaware of this battle. As per their spiritual level, God functions through them. But other than that function, there is little that they contribute to the forces of good in the battle of good and evil.
- Those people and subtle-bodies, on the side of good and who are within the 30-50% spiritual level, have an understanding of the issue only at a psychological level. As they lack spiritual strength, they can contribute little at a spiritual level. Such people who are fighting physically on Earth usually perish. But at least they accrue merits because they fought on the side of God.
- Those at a spiritual level of 50% and above and who have spiritual emotion (bhāv) and a warrior-like attitude are really able to participate in the battle at a spiritual level. To be able to participate in such a battle at a spiritual level requires one to have a very low ego, an advanced sixth sense and a strong understanding of Spirituality that is beyond sectarian or organised religion. Here seekers act under the guidance of Saints of a higher spiritual level who are able to access the Universal Mind and Intellect and understand God’s will. As the acts done by the seeker are as per God’s will, the person is able to access Divine energy and also does not create a give-and-take account with his actions. The devotion of a person to God makes God to rush to his aid. It is because of God rushing to the aid of the true devotee, that the people associated with the devotee and his mission also benefit. This can be understood from the following analogy. When a devotee of God, trapped in a building in the middle of an earthquake, cries to God for help, God will send people to save him. In doing so, others in the building too will be saved.
- There are very few Saints who are actively involved in guiding seekers to do spiritual practice for the sake of society and are guiding them through these adverse times. They do so, due to Their yearning for establishing Righteousness (Dharma) on Earth. Due to this, these Saints are more one with God whose fundamental attribute is Righteousness. Spiritual practice for the sake of society includes assisting humanity in understanding and practising Spirituality according to the six basic principles of spiritual practice and living a righteous life. Accordingly, God functions to a much greater extent through them. These Saints are actively involved in the subtle-battle and are guiding seekers to fight this evil at a spiritual level.
- All persons and subtle-bodies below the 30% spiritual level with high ego, and who display anti-social behaviour are considered on the side of the forces of evil. These kinds of people indulge in criminal or terrorist activities, corruption, perpetrate sexual offences and denigrate Deities or symbols of worship and reverence. Religious fundamentalists think they fight on God’s side and indulge in (religious) terrorism but they too come under the forces of evil. As a part of this subtle-battle, negative energies such as subtle-sorcerers (māntriks) force the spiritually weaker ancestors’ subtle-bodies to make use of their give-and-take accounts with their ‘good’ descendants to trouble them.
4. The present subtle battle
The present era we live in is the Kaliyug, part of the Kaliyug, part of the Kaliyug, part of the Kaliyug, part of the Kaliyug, part of the main Kaliyug. We are therefore living in the darkest part of this mini-cycle of the main Kaliyug era where materialism, lack of Spirituality and selfishness of man has reached its peak. All these are indicative of an increase in the Tama component in people.
In 2006, the balance between the good and evil forces was in the ratio of 70:30. Presently evildoers in society have reached the 30% mark. For this part of the era, this means that the Sattva component has hit its nadir. It is something akin to a share market where when the index goes below a psychological barrier we say that the share market has bottomed out.
One may ask, “If the balance is currently 70 to 30 in favour of good then how can there be a problem?” After all, it contradicts the last paragraph under point one which states that the majority of the people of the world are evil. The answer is that most of the good forces are in the higher regions of the universe. In these high planes of existence, they are so one with God that they maintain an observer attitude to events that take place and have the attitude that everything happens as per God’s will. The evil forces take advantage of this attribute of the good forces and set themselves up to strike and establish supremacy on Earth.
In the current times, humankind is at the threshold of witnessing a historic change from the mini-era of Kaliyug to the mini-era of Satyayug within the main era of Kaliyug. This change of era will also bring about a means of cleansing the planet of Tama predominant people and elements.
Unknown to most of mankind, in the years 1999 – 2012, a major subtle-battle of good versus evil has taken place in the subtle-regions. In the past decade, this subtle-battle has also manifested a little in the physical Earth plane. We have seen an increase in intensity of natural disasters, wars, social unrests and anti-social activity. The primary reason for this is because of the increase in the subtle Tama component that is associated with evil i.e., negative energies along with a society that lacks in spiritual practice and a lifestyle of Righteousness.
5. Details of the present subtle battle of good versus evil
Starting from the year 1999, the battle between good versus evil has been intensifying in the subtle-regions. Deities and Saints have been fighting this battle against very powerful forces of evil such as subtle-sorcerers in the subtle-world. This fighting by the forces of good is totally in the subtle and takes place at the ‘level of existent power’. The level of existent power can be understood by the analogy of the Sun. Every day when the Sun rises, the flowers bloom. The Sun does not ask or make the flowers bloom. It happens automatically by the very presence of the Sun. Similarly, by Their very existence the omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent Saints and Deities, through their Divine consciousness (Chaitanya) that is transmitted continuously, fight the battle.
Refer to the article on – Hierarchy of power in the universe.
Seekers of God doing spiritual practice for the sake of society participate in this battle with their little might. When they spread the awareness of Spirituality within society (as part of their spiritual practice) they are attacked by negative energies from the spiritual dimension. Seekers of God are able to withstand these attacks by the use of spiritual healing methods as well as through spiritual power gained through spiritual practice and blessings and most importantly the grace of God. The forces of evil in the subtle-world also possess and give energy to the anti-social elements on the Earth plane as shown in the diagram below. The result of which is when we switch on the news on television, we see a world that is increasingly chaotic with lack of morality, insane behaviour, rampant terrorism and skirmishes and wars.
Since most people do not understand the spiritual cause or perspective behind the chaotic present times, they try to rectify the situation through physical means such as waging a war against terrorism or psychologically by having conventions, summits etc. However, this is not the solution as all the anti-social elements are powered by (i.e., are puppets of) the subtle evil forces. As a result, it is not possible to eradicate or overcome them by physical or psychological means. Even if the worst of the anti-social elements on Earth were to be eliminated, higher level negative energies would simply possess yet another anti-social element giving them their spiritual power. This spiritual power is far more powerful than any physical power.
The state that the world is in today can only be rectified if the evil in the subtle-world is overcome. This is the reason why Deities and Saints (and seekers to a lesser extent) have been engaged in a subtle-battle, fighting superior subtle-sorcerers from the deepest regions of Hell (Pātāl), with Their spiritual strength in the years 1999 to 2023.
The subtle-battle will be at its peak at the end of 2018 and it will slowly begin to subside in the subsequent years as the subtle-forces of good overwhelm the subtle-forces of evil. The anti-social elements that were initially getting their energy from subtle-sorcerers in the subtle will no longer have access to that spiritual energy. As a result, the anti-social elements on Earth and the rest of mankind that is being possessed and affected will reduce. Due to this they will be overcome. This will be followed by a physical war affecting the entire planet. The battle in the physical is also required to eradicate all people that are evil and anti-social elements from the face of the Earth. In the major physical battle that will ensue in the coming years along with an increase in natural disasters, the world population will decrease considerably. The scale of the physical battle will be unlike anything anyone has seen before and all of mankind will be affected. People with a lower spiritual level i.e. below 30% are more likely to be adversely affected in this change. Those who are evil will be wiped out as they will be fighting on the side of the evil. Those who are sitting on the fence, i.e. neither on the evil nor on the good side will suffer in the crossfire.
6 The spiritual significance of the current times
At all times after the universe came into existence, a particular subtle basic component has been predominant. For example in Satyayug, the Sattva component was predominant and now in Kaliyug it is the Raja–Tama component that is predominant.
The period between the years 1999 – 2023 represents a twilight period between two eras as we move from a darker age (mini-Kaliyug) to a spiritually better one (mini-Satyayug) within the main era of Kaliyug. During this twilight period of 25 years, any spiritual practice undertaken by one according to the basic principles of Spirituality will benefit one immensely. This is because God graces seekers with spiritual progress when done even in adverse times.
In fact, each year of spiritual practice in these 25 ‘twilight’ years is equal to 50 years during the course of an era. Taking adulthood to be about 50 years in an average human’s lifespan; spiritual practice undertaken in these 25 years would be equivalent to approximately 1250 years. Another way of looking at it would be that we would be getting the benefit of 20 lifetimes of spiritual practice in just one lifetime.
7 The way forward after the battle of good and evil
7.1 For demonic forces
After the battle of good versus evil when the subtle demonic forces have been conclusively subjugated, they will stop fighting and go away to undertake rigorous spiritual practice to regain spiritual strength so that they can once again try to stake their claim of supremacy on the universe. Also as a result of the demonic forces being overcome, a period of Sattva predominance will follow on the Earth region and all the regions above the Nether region (Bhuvarlok). The mini-Satyayug known as the Divine Kingdom will begin. This era is ushered in at all the subtle-regions above Earth first and then comes on Earth as well.
7.2 For humankind
We are in the midst of a watershed in the history of humankind. After the physical battle, there will be a period of trial and error as the world adjusts to the new world situation and picks up the pieces. During this time, the potential to run the Divine Kingdom will be generated in the people that survive. After this period of flux, humanity will experience almost a thousand years of peace. In the new era, there will be renewed spiritual awakening and flourishing of disciplines such as the science of Āyurvēda, hitherto unaccepted as a mainstream science by the modern world.
It is important to note that these thousand years will be the last divine era in the universe. The Sattva component generated in this era will be all that will be available to mankind till the end of the universe some 432,000 years later. There will be no fresh generation of the subtle basic Sattva component after these thousand years as the universe will slowly go spiritually downhill towards Tama and hence meet its inevitable dissolution.
Among all the planes of existence in the universe, the Earth region is most conducive to do spiritual practice. Unfortunately, when the period of peace and prosperity ensues, over time mankind gets lost in worldly pleasures and forgets about spiritual practice. As a result of this the sattvikta starts declining. Consequently, there is a progressive rise in unrighteousness that further decreases the sattvikta and increases the Raja–Tama. This decline in Sattva and increase in Raja–Tama affects all the regions. Though it affects the subtle-regions only fractionally, even that marginal decline in Sattva component causes severe distress to the good subtle-bodies in the regions above the Nether Region who are used to uniform high Sattva levels at all times.
More detailed information on the coming times has been given in our article on World War 3 Predictions.
8 In summary
For seekers of God who want to grow spiritually, these 25 years represent an unparalleled opportunity for spiritual growth. Every effort made to realise God in these years will have a multiplied effect. If you do not know how to go about your spiritual practice then do visit our page – Start your spiritual journey.
The evil-doers and anti-social elements on Earth become puppets in the hands of the subtle negative energies. That is why to reduce the strength of negative energies; all seekers need to increase spiritual practice by chanting and devotion unto God. Assisting in the spread Spirituality along with making efforts to reduce ones ego and personality defects results in rapid spiritual growth.
The seekers above 60% spiritual level can chant and pray for the destruction of the negative energies under the guidance of Saints.