Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What are the physical symptoms of being affected by ghosts?
- 3. Mental distress and its symptoms
- 4. Sexual symptoms
- 5. Sleep disturbances
- 6. Marital disharmony
- 7. Intellectual distress
- 8. Financial loss
- 9. Spiritual symptoms
- 10. Summary
Spiritual research has shown that almost entire world is affected by ghosts at some time or the other in their life. About 30% of the world’s population is possessed by ghosts. Being affected or possessed by ghosts reduces a person’s capacity insidiously in progressively increasing degrees. Hence it is imperative that one gets to know about it at the earliest, so that remedial measures can be undertaken.
But as process of being affected by a ghost happens at a spiritual level (i.e. beyond the understanding of the five senses, mind and intellect) whether a person is affected or possessed or not, can in actuality only be understood by Saints above the 70% spiritual level or by persons with an advanced sixth sense. As most people lack both in spiritual level and advanced sixth sense, the majority of affected or possessed people are unaware of their affected state.
In this article we have listed some of the various symptoms that are typically seen when ghosts affect the various systems of the body. These same symptoms can be seen in routine illnesses affecting the concerned systems. So when the symptoms are unexplained or do not go away despite best conventional treatments or come up frequently, at an intellectual level we can think of the possibility of them being due to ghosts.
2. What are the physical symptoms of being affected by ghosts?
We have categorized the symptoms for easy referral.
2.1. The five sense organs
- Foul taste in the mouth.
- Experience of eyes being pulled inside, irritation in the eyes, etc.
- Dryness of lips, mouth and throat.
- Due to the Raja-Tama in the ghosts a sticky layer is formed on the face and body of the affected person.
- Oily skin.
- Rashes on the skin.
- Eerie feeling of being touched.
- Pinprick sensation.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Severe backache, body ache and inability to move.
- Experience of strangulation.
When in the proximity of a sāttvik influence, the ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) leave the body through any of the nine openings, i.e. two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, penis/vagina and anus. The person may experience as if gas is going out of any of these openings or one may experience cough, yawning, burping, sneezing, etc. as per the opening involved.
2.4. Digestive system
- Not allowing the person to have his meals: Loss of appetite, nausea on sight of food, feeling better after getting away from food.
- Sharpened appetite, frequent hunger and having heavy meals: The Absolute Fire Principle (Tējtattva) is required to digest food. As man consists predominantly of the absolute Earth Principle (Pruthvītattva), he cannot digest a lot of food. But if he is possessed by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.) he can do so. As the ghosts consist of the Absolute Air Principle (Vāyutattva) they can digest the food by using the Absolute Fire Principle. Refer to the article on the Absolute Cosmic Principles (Panchatattva).
2.5. Reproductive system
- Inability to have children.
- Recurring miscarriages.
- Electric shock
- Domestic accidents such as heated oil flying from the frying pan
- Repeated vehicle accidents in a certain location
2.7. Motor organs
- Fidgeting and restlessness due to increase in basic Raja subtle-component
- Contorted movements
2.8. Makings sounds
- Making moaning and weird sounds and not remembering anything afterwards.
- Making animal sounds.
- The ghost speaking through the possessed person in a voice of the opposite sex.
2.9. Effect on vital energy
Vital energy (Prāṇa-shakti) is the life sustaining energy of the body and is subtle.
Vital energy in a spiritually evolved person and that in a person not spiritually evolved
|Percentage of vital energy|
|1. Spiritually evolved person||130|
|2. Person not spiritually evolved||100|
Amount of vital energy according to the extent of distress by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.)
|Extent of distress||Amount of vital energy (percentage)|
* In the present times generally the maximum distress possible is 40%
Distress will include both getting affected and possession by negative energies
** The reduction in Vital energy is because it is utilized in fighting the ghosts. When it decreases below 30%, the person dies.
Inability to meditate when Vital energy is reduced: For a person to meditate, concentration of the mind is a must. When the Vital energy is reduced, the mind does not have the energy to do anything. Hence meditation is also impossible. But nevertheless there is overwhelming of emotions and consequent fear, as this requires very little vital energy and the ghosts themselves generate these thoughts.
3. Mental distress and its symptoms
When a person is affected or possessed by ghosts, he displays the following mental symptoms:
- Not feeling like speaking to a colleague or family member without any reason.
- Feeling like distancing oneself from a colleague or family member without any reason.
- Behaviour contrary to one’s nature.
- Intermittent crying, startle without any reason, anxiety, depression, fear, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, etc. The ghosts have to expend just 5% of their energy to scare a person by showing him skulls, frightening images, etc.
- Doubts or negative thoughts: Ghosts put doubts and negative thoughts in the mind of the person so as to destabilize him, cause restlessness and irritability. Some examples of negative thoughts are:
- Feeling like strangulating someone.
- Increase in ego.
- Reduction of faith in God
- Anger about others: When a person affected or possessed by ghosts feels anger towards another person without any substantial reason, then it is most likely to be due to the ghost. In such circumstances one should learn to disregard the anger.
- Feeling like harming others: A possessed person can feel like harming himself or others. Also in the course of spiritual remedies to exorcise, the person may feel like harming others. In such cases at the very onset, when the possession is not quite complete and some control is present on self, the person should let others know of these feelings. Otherwise once the possessed person manifests his control over himself is lost and he can harm the person treating him.
4. Sexual symptoms
- Increased or decreased sexual drive.
- If a female ghost possesses a woman, it attracts other male ghosts either directly or through the medium of other males possessed by male ghosts. Such women do not feel the need for getting into a formal relationship with the opposite sex like getting married. They come up with some excuse or the other to avoid such relationships.
4.1. Homosexual attraction
The main reason behind the gay orientation of some men is that they are possessed by female ghosts. It is the female ghost in them that is attracted to other men. Conversely the attraction to females experienced by some lesbians is due to the presence of male ghosts in them. The ghost’s consciousness overpowers the person’s normal behaviour to produce the homosexual attraction. Spiritual research has shown that the cause for homosexual preferences lie predominantly in the spiritual realm.
- Physical causes (5%): Due to hormonal changes.
- Psychological causes (10%): Having an experience with a person of the same sex as a teenager or young adult that was pleasurable and therefore wanting to experience it again.
- Spiritual causes (85%): Mainly ghosts.
To overcome homosexual tendencies and desires one should perform the below spiritual healing remedies:
|‘Om Rudraya namaha’||(specific position of fingers to channel the Divine energy into the body and subtle body) One can keep the following mudra as shown in the above picture:||Nyas is the focusing of energy flow through the medium of the fingers joined together at the tips. By doing nyas, we focus our spiritual energy by directing our bunched fingers towards a particular energy centre.It is recommended to perform nyas on the Sahasrar (crown chakra) and Swadhishthan (sacral chakra) simultaneously.|
|Method of chanting:||Method: Join the tips of thumb and index finger with slight pressure using thumb. Keep the rest of the fingers straight as much as possible. Duration: Daily till the homosexual tendency goes away. Generally, the mudra should be done continuously for 45 min. It can be done for longer duration also.||Nyas should always be accompanied by chanting. By chanting we imbibe divine energy of the aspect of God Whose Name we chant. By doing nyas, we channelise the divine energy derived from the chanting to that particular spiritual energy centre. By doing so, that energy is dispersed to the organs in that area. If your hand starts aching during the course of doing nyas you can bring your hand down and rest it for some time or you can change your hand.|
5. Sleep disturbances
Difference between regular sleep and the sedation caused by ghosts
|Normal sleep||Sedation caused by ghosts|
|Effect||Can bear for some time||Heaviness of head, being forced to sleep immediately|
|Remedy||Splashing water on the face||Chanting and other spiritual remedies|
- Seeing intimidating weird faces and forms of ghosts.
- Nightmares in which loved ones die or are killed by the person who is dreaming.
- Seeing a ghost possessing an acquaintance or loved one and then feeling fear about that person in the waking state.
- Snakes harming one or more family members.
6. Marital disharmony
- If one of the spouse is sattvik, then the ghost in the other spouse will experience distress when in close proximity of the spouse, because it cannot tolerate the sāttviktā in him. This will lead to apparent quarrels between the couple, which are actually orchestrated by the ghost to prevent contact with sattvikta.
- Even if both are possessed by ghosts, this too can lead to quarrels.
- Physical, mental and sexual abuse.
7. Intellectual distress
- Reduced intellectual output, forgetfulness, decrease in inspiration.
- Inability to comprehend simple routine things which is uncharacteristic of the person.
8. Financial loss
- Being swindled by another person.
- Lack lustre performance by the workers in a company despite good work environment.
- Frequent problems in the machinery.
9. Spiritual symptoms
A person can experience the following distress in the dream, meditative or waking state.
- Foul smell
- Frightening scenes
- Seeing black halo around the head
- Frightening scenes: Dead body, monstrous, mutilated faces, human face with just the skeleton below, just the arm from fingers to elbow inside the window, seeing a corpse burning inside one’s stomach, ghost hanging from a tree
- Colourful procession of ghosts
- Dead bodies of seekers, burnt bodies of acquaintances
- Mounds of corpses being carried away in trucks and lying in heaps elsewhere
- Glazed look in the eyes
9.2. Experiencing touch
- Somebody sleeping next to one
- Bed sheet being pulled
- Somebody is trying to awaken
- Somebody moving about in the room
- Somebody has kept his hand on one’s body or is moving his hand over the body
- Rape. Refer to the drawing based on subtle-knowledge of sexual molestation.
- Feeling of somebody forcibly pulling one to bed
- Experience of unexplained touch on the body parts
- Moaning during sleep
- Low backache on waking
- Pain in lower abdomen on waking
- White discharge from vagina
- Distress exacerbates during new moon and full moon days
9.3. Hearing voices
- Hearing intake of breath
- Hearing sounds of footsteps
- Hearing shrieks
- Hearing one’s name being called
9.4. Distress due to sattvik substances
- Experiencing distress when exposed to Holy ash (Vibhūti), Holy water (Tirthā), Holy sacrament (Prasād), etc.
- Not being able to touch Holy symbols like pictures of deities, the Holy cross, etc.
- Avoiding visit to Saints, Holy pilgrimage sites: Persons affected or possessed by ghosts avoid visiting Saints, Holy places or temples, etc. Some are forced to manifest in such sattvik environment. To become manifest is in a way to be stripped of some of their black energy. Hence to avoid this, the ghosts leave the possessed person outside the area of influence of that Holy place or person and repossess him when he comes out of it.
9.5. Distress due to chanting the Name of God
- Forgetting about chanting
- Inability to chant
- Headache while or after chanting
- Smothering sensation when chanting
- Odd feeling in the head when chanting followed by loss of consciousness
- Ghosts can cause a variety of symptoms in people affected or possessed by them.
- The symptoms mimic symptoms of physical or psychological illnesses or other worldly problems like financial problems.
- The diagnosis of the real root cause (i.e. ghosts) can be made only by Saints and by those with highly advanced sixth sense.
- In the absence of the above, we can intellectually surmise that the probable cause of the problem is ghosts when its origin is unexplained or when it is not alleviated despite best conventional measures.
- The diagnosis is fairly clear if the problem goes away with spiritual healing remedies.
- Regular spiritual practice as per the six basic principles is the best spiritual healing remedy.