Abstract: We know that symptoms of mental illnesses are caused by biological factors as well as psychological factors. But most of us are unaware that in a huge majority of cases,
- the symptoms of our mental ill health are caused first hand by spiritual factors alone or
- spiritual factors have a big hand in precipitating or aggravating the existing illness or
- spiritual factors are responsible for the patient non-responding to adequate treatment in many cases.
In this article, we present the spiritual research into some symptoms of mental ill health caused by a spiritual factor, namely ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies etc.) and the corresponding spiritual healing remedies.
This is by no means an exhaustive thesis on all the symptoms of mental ill health but is aimed to give an idea of how the various symptoms are caused by ghosts and how they can be cured by spiritual healing remedies by using the data unravelled through spiritual research.
SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What are the deeper subtle causes and the spiritual remedies of mental illness?
- 3. Mental ill health caused by ghosts
- 4. Explanation of the chart and how to use it
- 5. Table of remedies for mental illnesses caused by ghosts
All of us have experienced mental disturbance in some form or the other. It could be a mild symptom like anxiety or something more serious like depression, suicidal thoughts or schizophrenia. In our section on difficulties in life, we have explained that the root cause of problems in life (health problems included) can be physical, psychological and/or spiritual. Modern medical science has uncovered only the physical and psychological causes of mental illnesses.
The above chart gives a breakdown (on average) of the root causes of problems and difficulties in our lives. Spiritual research has indicated that up to 80% of the causes of problems in life have their root cause in the spiritual realm. It is important to note that any given mental ill health symptom could have a proportion of the root cause in the physical, psychological or spiritual dimension and that they are not mutually exclusive.
2. What are the deeper subtle causes and the spiritual remedies of mental illness?
A complete breakdown of the specific spiritual root cause of problems in our lives has been given in the article on the ‘Various types of spiritual causes of difficulties’.
Any one of the various spiritual causes can result in a person being afflicted with a mental disturbance. For example, suicidal thoughts could be caused as a result of divorce, which in turn is due to impotence caused by a block in sacral chakra (Swādhishṭhān-chakra) or by a ghost. Illness caused due to these spiritual root causes can be cured only by specific spiritual healing remedies. Irrespective of the spiritual cause, a foundation of spiritual practice according to the 6 basic universal principles of spiritual practice helps the specific spiritual remedies to work much faster and that much more effectively.
In this article, we have focused on spiritual remedies that can help alleviate symptoms where the root spiritual cause is due to ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies etc.).
Let us go back to the case of the lady who is depressed following the loss of her job. If the ghost is contributing to 70% of the depression, then by applying the remedies in this article, she should get relief corresponding to the same extent.
3. Mental ill health caused by ghosts
Presently almost everybody in this world is affected in some way or the other by ghosts (demons, devils, negative energies, etc.). For more details, please refer to our section on ghosts. Ghosts can cause any of the symptoms of mental illnesses by impairing the brain function at various levels through their black energy. They can mimic any mental symptom or ill health by using their weapon of black energy. The subtle-bodies of our departed ancestors are also included in this category.
3.1 How can we know whether our symptoms are caused by ghosts?
- Only Saints with the help of their highly active sixth sense can diagnose for sure whether a particular symptom is caused by ghosts. They can even tell us the details of the attacking ghosts, reason behind the attack, exact remedy etc. For more details, please refer to the article on ‘Depth of ability to perceive paranormal activity with our sixth sense’.
- Those with an activated sixth sense can also ascertain to some extent whether a certain symptom is caused by ghosts. However they cannot be 100% sure and they do not perceive many details about the nature of the attack.
- What about the rest of us who do not have the sixth sense (ESP) ability to understand if a symptom is being caused by a ghost? There is a simple rule of thumb we can apply, to decide, by using our intellect. We can consider that there is a strong likelihood of mental ill health being caused by a ghost when the symptoms are:
- not alleviated with routine, conventional medicines,
- accentuated on full moon or new moon days and
- relieved by spiritual remedies.
For example, if one experiences unexplained (without any reason) anxiety that does not go away with conventional medicine it is likely to have been caused by a ghost.
Even in cases where the root cause is physical or psychological or spiritual (other than that of ghosts), we recommend that one complement the medical treatment with the spiritual remedies mentioned below. The reason is that ghosts take advantage of any vulnerability caused by the mental ill health to attack a person and compound or aggravate the problem. Hence even an illness that may have started as a purely psychological illness, in most cases is later complicated by an attack by ghosts.
The following chart shows a typical profile of a person with personality defects such as anger, depression, negative thinking, anxiety and a general liking for alcohol. The ghost exploits and turns up the volume on the negative thinking. This in turn has a ripple effect on the other defects such as depression, liking for alcohol etc. In some cases a defect can be taken to an extreme where a person who has thoughts of suicide may actually do so when the intensity of suicidal thoughts is increased beyond a certain point by ghosts.
4. Explanation of the chart and how to use it
Please refer to spiritual healing chants for mental illnesses for an explanation of the chart.
Five parameters have been provided in the section on spiritual healing chants:
- Symptom: This means the symptom that one is suffering from and that has been caused by a ghost, for example anxiety, nightmares, depression etc. We have given the symptoms instead of the illness for easy reference and perusal of our readers.
- This is by no means an exhaustive thesis on all mental illnesses but is aimed to give an idea of how the various symptoms are caused by ghosts and how they can be cured by spiritual healing remedies by using the data unravelled through spiritual research.
- Level of the five Absolute Cosmic Principles (Panchatattva): This column tells us which of the five Cosmic Principles are affected that is causing that particular symptom.
The diagnosis according to the prevalent system of medical science that we all know of, is limited to knowing which neurotransmitter of the brain is affected etc. Here science has gone only up to the biological or physiological-biochemical level of the cell.
The ancient medical science of India, Āyurvēda, goes much deeper when diagnosing a disease or disorder. It goes several layers deeper than the level of protons, neutrons, mesons, gluons and quarks. It diagnoses at the level of the five Cosmic Principles of which the entire creation is made of. Please refer to the article on the five Cosmic Principles.
The importance of knowing at which Cosmic Principle one is affected is that, the remedy to be applied needs to be either of that level or that of the higher Cosmic Principle.
The following are some examples of spiritual healing remedies corresponding to the five Cosmic Principles in order of least to the highest Cosmic Principle. The Absolute Earth Principle (Pruthvītattva) is lowest and the most tangible among the subtle Cosmic Principles while the Absolute Ether Principle (Ākāshtattva) is the most subtle (intangible) and the highest in hierarchy.
Spiritual healing remedy
Absolute Earth Principle Perfume remedy Absolute Water Principle (Āpatattva) Partaking of holy water, salt water remedy Absolute Fire Principle (Tējtattva) Applying Holy ash (Vibhūti) Absolute Air Principle (Vāyutattva) Blowing of Holy ash Absolute Ether Principle Boxes and Sky remedy
We will expand on each of these remedies in the future in our section on Spiritual Healing.
Thus if a symptom is caused by affecting us at the level of the Absolute Earth Principle and if it is by a ghost of lower hierarchy/strength or the affliction is mild then we would benefit by the spiritual healing remedy using perfume, that is a spiritual healing remedy corresponding to the Absolute Earth Principle. But if the affecting ghost is of higher hierarchy or the attack is severe then we would have to opt for the salt water remedy that acts at the level of the Absolute Water Principle. For symptoms caused at the level of the Absolute Ether Principle the remedy is done at the Ether Principle level itself.
- Spiritual energy centre (Chakra): This explains where one needs to channel the spiritual energy with the technique of nyās. Please read the article on the technique of nyas.
There are seven unseen or subtle spiritual energy centres in our body and the following diagram shows where they exist in relation to our physical body.
The position of nyas, is the position where we have to focus our spiritual energy by placing our bunched fingers when chanting. For example if the remedy was to do nyas on themid-brow chakra (Ādnyā-chakra) the energy centre in the mid-brow region) it would look like this.
Mechanism behind the action of nyas
Nyas is always to be accompanied by chanting. By chanting we imbibe divine energy of the aspect of God Whose Name we chant. By doing nyas, we channel the divine energy derived from the chanting to that particular spiritual energy centre. By so doing that energy is dispersed to the organs in that area.
If one is not aware of the exact position of nyas for a particular symptom, then as a general rule one can remember that for all mental disturbances the general nyas position is with one hand in mid-brow chakra region and the other in the heart chakra (Anāhat-chakra) region.
If your hand starts aching during the course of doing nyas you can bring your hand down and rest it for some time or you can exchange your hand positions.
- Specific Chant of a deity: We have to chant the Name of a particular aspect of God to derive the specific divine spiritual energy required to combat a particular ghost for various symptoms. Sometimes the specific energy required is derived by chanting the Names of a combination of two or more aspects of God (deities) in a specific sequence. We need to repeat the Names in the sequence given and after we complete the sequence, we start again.
For the benefit of our readers, we have made the audio of chanting as per the science. Those who are new to the language can take up the remedy in the following phased manner.
Step 1: Just listen to the chant and keep your eyes on the print of the chant.
Step 2: Try to say the chant along with the audio.
Step 3: Say it on your own. At this stage, you can say it aloud or repeat it mentally at any time you are free mentally, irrespective of where you are or what you are doing. If possible do nyas. If nyas is not possible like e.g. if you are travelling by train to work you can just chant mentally without nyas.
Even listening to the chant when keeping your eyes on the print of the chant will give some benefit.
The chants listed below are like prescription chants designed to cure us of symptoms of mental ill-health. Chanting them will act only as treatment for an ailment and will not result in spiritual growth.
- Specific Number chant: In this column, we have provided an alternate remedy chant called a number chant. If one cannot repeat the Name of God for any reason (because one is an atheist or finds it difficult to pronounce the words in the chant) one can chant the specific number given along with nyas. Please read the article on number chants to understand how they work.
We have also provided you with a number in the brackets which is simply the sum of each of the digits. This is the 3rd type of chant you can do while in the nyas position.
Number chants are most effective when done in the Sanskrut language as it is the most sāttvik language. If you find it difficult to pronounce a multi-digit number, e.g. 131, you can repeat the number 5, which is the number obtained by adding all the digits in 131 (1+3+1= 5). Off course the benefit derived would be reduced.
If you find pronouncing the number chant in Sanskrit very difficult, you can repeat it in your own language.
4.1 How long should one chant?
It is recommended that you perform this remedy on a daily basis for periods depending on the severity of symptoms.
- In mild afflictions you can do the chants for 1-2 hours per day in a single session or in a number of mini sessions.
- If the symptoms are moderate you may have to do it for 3-4 hours or more.
- If the severity is high please do the remedies for as long as possible every day.
After the symptoms have disappeared you have to continue the remedy for 2-4 months. Just as in the case of treatment of major depression with anti-depressant capsules, the disappearance of sadness and crying does not mean that the illness has been eradicated. The neurotransmitter imbalance causing the depression and giving rise to sadness and crying continues to persist. Hence the anti-depressant capsules prescribed for eradicating the illness need to be continued for the prescribed number of days. Similarly even after the symptoms have disappeared, the influence of the ghost remains and hence the remedy needs to be continued for complete cure.
4.2 Which remedy should one use?
We have provided you with a choice of three remedies in the table below which you can take advantage of. The following table explains the comparative effectiveness of each of the remedies. The remedies corresponding to the five Cosmic Principles are complementary to the other remedies and can be done along with any of the other remedies for faster and more complete cure. They can be beneficial even on their own if the affliction is mild or if the causative agent is lower hierarchy ghosts from the Nether region (Bhuvarlok). Otherwise they act at best as secondary treatments to the chants.
|Chant of Name of deities||
|Chant of number derived by adding the numbers in the number chant||
* This effectiveness is only if the chanting is done in Sanskrut
4.3 Should one continue the chanting of Name of God as per religion of birth and that of Lord Datta?
Yes, if one can continue the basic spiritual practice, the benefits are more and early. If one cannot manage both, then it is best to primarily focus on the specific remedy. This is because one generally finds it difficult to focus on spiritual practice in the presence of the physical illness which either irritates, disturbs or distracts one.
4.4 Should one continue medical treatment?
Even if one feels that the symptoms are caused by ghosts, one needs to continue their medical and psychological treatment. This is because it gives us at least symptomatic relief if not a cure. We should not waste our sparse and invaluable spiritual resources on what can be done by easily available medicine.
4.5 Does one need faith to derive the benefit from the chant?
Faith helps, but we can still derive benefit from any spiritual remedy suggested on this website without it. This is akin to the fact that one does not need faith in a medicine to derive the benefit of the medicine. So also, this is a spiritual medicine and one will derive benefit by putting it into practice whether one has faith or not.
5. Table of remedies for mental illnesses caused by ghosts
Please click here to view the spiritual healing chants