SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses. Readers are advised to take up any spiritual healing remedy at their own discretion.
The answer to this question requires consideration of several factors and analysis from a number of different viewpoints. The interplay between these various viewpoints is complex and no one factor can be viewed in isolation.
Please also refer to the article on Factors affecting the effectiveness of spiritual healing remedies.
The following are some perspectives that one has to take into consideration when looking at an individual’s chance of being cured through spiritual healing treatment.
1. Destiny, spiritual practice, and alternative cancer treatments
Life threatening illnesses such as cancer are invariably destined events. By destiny we mean that part of life which we have to undergo as a result of past deeds and that is predecided at birth. Destiny can give us either happiness or sorrow.
When we say cancer is destined, it follows that the root cause (i.e. destiny) is spiritual in nature. Therefore, it can be fully overcome only through adequate spiritual practice which is a basic type of alternative cancer treatment. Please note that here we are referring to spiritual practice conforming to the six basic principles of spiritual practice.
Depending on the severity of destiny, a corresponding amount of spiritual practice would need to be done. Spiritual practice either:
- nullifies the destiny, in which case the cancer is cured, or
- it insulates one from destiny, in which case one does not suffer the anguish that follows when one has cancer.
If the cancer is due to:
- Mild destiny: In cases of cancer due to mild destiny, the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage before irreversible changes have set in, it is usually benign, has not spread to other organs and there is a good prognosis (i.e. chance of recovery). To overcome mild destiny and thus be cured of cancer, a moderate amount (4-5 hours a day) of spiritual practice would need to be done on a regular basis.
- Moderate destiny: In cases of cancer due to moderate destiny, the illness is detected at a later stage when organic changes have well set in. To overcome cancer due to moderate destiny, an intense amount of spiritual practice (10-12 hours a day) would need to be done on a regular basis.
- Severe destiny: Here the cancer is usually of the malignant variety, is detected late after irreversible changes have set in and there is poor prognosis. To overcome such illness, intense spiritual practice for a long time and the grace of a Saint or God is required.
In cases of severe destiny unless there is a very strong reason (e.g. the person is doing intense spiritual practice for God-realisation and stands a good chance of growing spiritually due to the extension to life provided by the cure), Saints generally do not interfere with the destiny.
2. What are the other spiritual root causes that play out as one’s destiny?
If the factor of destiny is playing out through an ancestor or a ghost (demons, devils, negative energies etc.) who is causing the cancer, the diagnosis of this spiritual aspect and its appropriate treatment helps to increase the effectiveness of the alternative treatments and reduce the time to heal. In such cases, in addition to spiritual practice the specific spiritual healing treatment directed at overcoming that spiritual factor will have to be added.
In cases of cancer due to severe destiny or a ghost (demons, devils, negative energies etc.) the diagnosis that one has cancer may be delayed, thereby minimising the likelihood of being cured.
3. Time when one begins spiritual practice
Depending on the time when one begins spiritual practice, one can either avoid a destined illness altogether or the intensity of the destined illness can be substantially reduced. The reduction in intensity of suffering will be directly proportional to the quality and quantity of spiritual practice done as compared to the severity of destiny.
Let us take the following example.
- John has cancer of the stomach.
- The cancer began in January 2004 and he was diagnosed in September 2005 with “stage two cancer”.
- The cancer progressed to “stage three cancer” in January 2007.
- The spiritual root cause is moderate destiny. No other spiritual factors are complicating the case.
- Out of the 100 units of distress/unhappiness that John is destined to suffer during his lifetime, the cancer is due to contribute to 10 units.
Let us see the effect of various possible scenarios in relation to the timing of starting spiritual practice and its intensity.
From the above you will see that prevention is always the best alternative. As such, it is always better to err on the side of caution and to regularly do spiritual practice at progressively higher levels of intensity. With this our destiny is nullified and we grow spiritually, fulfilling our purpose of life.
4. Has organ degeneration occurred before seeking alternative cancer treatments?
If organ damage or degeneration has occurred, in almost all cases the changes cannot be reversed with alternative cancer treatments. This is even though the cause of the organ damage was primarily in the spiritual dimension. The intensity of the illness can however reduce.
5. Give-and-take account with the doctor giving cancer treatment
The give-and-take account we have with the doctor is another factor that needs to be considered. If the account is negative, the doctor despite many years of experience may inadvertently overlook key aspects of the patient’s case, thus extending the suffering. If the account is very positive then it would seem that the doctor has a golden touch with regards to medical treatment.
This is also why sometimes a patient can become even more ill under a doctor’s care. Externally we may see it as negligence on the doctor’s part. However at a spiritual level in most cases it could be a negative account being settled. The give-and-take account is also the reason why we choose a certain doctor over another.
6. In summary
- All major life threatening illnesses like cancer have a spiritual root cause and are destined.
- The factors affecting the cure of cancer by alternative spiritual treatments are complex and require the consideration of different viewpoints. However, modern medical science is limited to the physical and psychological dimensions only.
- Complementing medical treatment with spiritual practice and spiritual healing treatments enhances cure rates, or in cases of severe destiny at least helps to reduce the intensity of the illness.
- 100% cure is possible if both:
- 100% specific diagnosis of the spiritual root cause is performed.
- 100% specific alternative healing treatments are applied in the required quantity and for the required amount of time.
- Lastly and most importantly, if we view how we live our lives from the perspective of the spiritual purpose of life, in most cases people do not have the intent to grow spiritually. From a purely spiritual perspective, then it does not matter whether the person’s life is extended for another 4-5 years following a serious illness as in any case he will waste it on mere worldly pursuits. However if a person is a true seeker of God and needs a few more years on Earth to do spiritual practice in order to attain higher realms after physical death, then God Himself gives the person the life extension.