Eczema causes and treatment
Eczema (a skin disorder) affects one in every five people at some point in their lives. Currently medical sciences do not have a cure for eczema.
- Spiritual research shows that problems such as eczema have their root cause in the spiritual realm and in such cases they can be completely cured only by spiritual remedies.
- Research has shown that one of the spiritual causes of eczema is being affected by ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.)
- Specific spiritual remedies have been discussed to find a cure for the symptoms.
Note to readers: This article contains photographs of eczema and boils which are quite graphic in nature and could be disturbing to some readers.
1. Overview of the skin disorder eczema
1.1 What is eczema?
Eczema known in medical terms as dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. Generally, eczema denotes swollen, reddened and itchy skin. Eczema is a common condition. It is not life threatening or contagious. However, it can make one feel uncomfortable and self-conscious.
1.2 Various aspects and features of the skin disorder eczema.
• Prevalence: Eczema affects about one in every five persons at some time in their lives. Eczematous diseases are very common with an estimated prevalence of more than 10% in the general population. According to statistics 15-25% of all persons with skin disorders suffer from eczema. Surveys have shown that eczema prevalence is increasing. (Ref: Dermis.net, March 2006)
• Various types: There are different types of eczema, and the disorder results from a variety of different causes and has various patterns.
• Signs and symptoms: Common signs and symptoms include redness, swelling, itching and skin lesions.
• Severity: The severity of the disease can vary. In mild forms the skin is dry, hot and itchy, whilst in more severe forms the skin can become broken, raw and bleeding.
• Causes: A number of health conditions, allergies, genetic factors, physical and mental stress, and irritants can cause eczema. The causes of certain types of eczema remain to be explained, though links with environmental factors and stress are being explored. Psychological stresses can provoke or aggravate eczema, presumably by suppressing normal immune mechanisms.
• Complications: Sometimes, the open sores and fissures that can occur with eczema (dermatitis) can become infected. Scarring is another potential complication from dermatitis.
2. Treatment and cure of eczema
2.1 Research conducted in cure rates of eczema
On conducting research on the cure rates of eczema the following were our findings:
- There is no known cure for eczema, and it can be a lifelong condition (Eczema Association of Australia)
- There is currently no cure for atopic eczema – there is no treatment that gets rid of it for good (Medical News Today)
- There is no cure for atopic eczema, treatments can ease the symptoms (National Health Service, UK)
In summary, from the above studies we realise that the medical science does not offer a cure for eczema.
2.2 Complete treatment of eczema: understanding the root cause and treating it
One of the main reasons for this is that the medical science is as yet unaware of the basic underlying root cause of the disorder. Unless we understand the root cause, specific treatment cannot be made available and hence no cure can be effective.
According to the science of Spirituality, spiritual causes affect up to 80% of difficulties in life. This means that there are spiritual causes behind more than two-thirds of the difficulties in our life. Only if we learn to identify and treat the spiritual causes will we be completely successful in overcoming the difficulties in our life. The difficulties could be varied like financial problems, marital disharmony, mental stress or physical ailments like eczema.
3. Enhanced cure rates when the spiritual dimension is included in the treatment regime
Let us study the case of Madhav Gadgil from India, who suffered from two episodes of eczema and both the times he was totally cured without the aid of any medicines.
Madhav Gadgil holds diplomas in Mechanical as well as Electrical Engineering. He has been working for the Central Railways in India for the past 34 years. He is doing spiritual practice under the guidance of the Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF). Madhav Gadgil tells the story in his own words below.
3.1 First episode of eczema
I live in Panvel, a city on the outskirts of Mumbai, India. On 6th August, 2003, my wife and I visited the SSRF centre at Miraj, which is a night’s train journey from Panvel. The next day, my rapt attention to learning from seekers at this centre and doing service unto the Absolute Truth (satsēvā) was diverted rather often by a strange itching sensation that developed all of a sudden on my neck. As the day progressed, the itching grew to more than a minor distraction as the continual friction with the collar of my shirt aggravated it. By now I was clearly in distress. All my life up until that point, I had never had any kind of skin disease that I could recall. So I was in a new territory.
Worse was yet to come as the following day my entire neck turned red and a black patch of eczema developed. Please refer the photo given below.
The itching on my neck extended all the way down on my back. I consulted Dr. Kamat, one of the seekers at the SSRF centre. He prescribed a skin cream to be applied on the inflamed part but despite many attempts somehow for a number of reasons I just couldn’t procure that ointment.
By the third day, I couldn’t bear the itching and fierce burning sensation of the patch on my neck.
Since it was more than I could bear, I spoke to another doctor, Dr. Ms. Maya Patil. Besides being a qualified doctor, she has a highly activated sixth sense (subtle perception ability), which was why she headed the subtle perception department in SSRF. She diagnosed the root cause of my case to be a spiritual cause and due to the severity of my condition she immediately referred me to H.H. Dr. Athavale.
When H.H. Dr. Athavale saw the affected area He told me that this distress was due to the affliction by a ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.). So He advised me to chant Lord Ganesh’s and Lord Krishna’s Names alternatively. I immediately implemented the guidance as I had complete faith in H.H. Dr. Athavale. The very next day there was a significant reduction in the itching. Afterwards, remnants of the itchy patch were nowhere to be seen! I was totally cured of eczema without any medicines. My eczema was cured by the spiritual practice of chanting alone that was recommended by H.H. Dr. Athavale. I believe that along with treating the spiritual cause by the correct spiritual remedy, it was H.H. Dr. Athavale’s resolve that enabled such a dramatic and effective cure. I pay gratitude to H.H. Dr. Athavale from the bottom of my heart.
- Mr. Madhav Gadgil, SSRF Ashram, Panvel, India
3.2 Specific spiritual remedy undertaken by Madhav Gadgil and how it acted
There were two aspects to the specific spiritual remedy that Madhav Gadgil undertook:
Aspect 1: Chanting of the specific Name of God
Madhav Gadgil was advised to chant the Name of Lord Ganesh and Lord Krishna. The chant is as follows ‘Om Gan Ganapataye Namaha, Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’. Click here to hear the chant.
When we chant the Name of a deity, then the specific divine principle performing a specific function gets imbibed in the body. When the Names of two deities are chanted one after the other alternately, a specific divine principle that is distinct from the two principles in the chant is assimilated.
By chanting the Names of these deities a specific divine energy is assimilated in the person. It then combats the distress-causing ghost and forces it to stop the distress. The chanting of the Name of God also creates a subtle protective covering of divine energy around the person thus shielding him from future attacks by ghosts.
Click here to view the detailed mechanism of action of chanting.
Aspect 2: Resolve of His Holiness Dr. Athavale
People who are spiritually evolved have the ability to orchestrate events just by wishing it so. This wish is always in alignment with God’s wish.
3.3 Second episode of eczema
I was taking a painkiller to alleviate the pain in my left hand for about one and a half months. On 14 September 2005, a skin rash erupted on my left forearm, right from the elbow region to the wrist. I thought it might be due to the adverse effect of the painkiller. I therefore discontinued the painkiller however there was no change in my symptoms. Later the rash increased in size and a watery secretion with blood started oozing from it.
Finally on 18th September, 2005, I informed my daughter-in-law Anjali Gadgil of my current condition. Being a seeker of the subtle perception section of SSRF, she was able to give me the subtle-diagnosis of my ailment.
3.4 Spiritual diagnosis and treatment
She diagnosed it as distress due to ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.) of higher level who were tormenting me by using the subtle-bodies of departed ancestors. The subtle-remedy she advised me to do was:
• Chanting: I was to chant the Names of Lord Datta and Goddess Durgadevi (Shrī Gurudev Datta and Shrī Durgadevyai Namaha) alternately for three hours on a daily basis for a week. The chanting of the Name of Lord Datta was advised to combat distress by subtle-bodies of departed ancestors. The chanting of the Name of Goddess Durga was advised to combat distress by ghosts of higher level or subtle-sorcerers (māntrik).
• Holy ash (Vibhūti) and Holy water (Thirthā): Whilst chanting, I was to dip all five fingertips of my affected, that is, left hand in water mixed with Holy ash. The reason I was asked to dip this affected hand in the Holy water was to pull the ghost’s black energy from the hand into the Holy water. After completing the chanting I was to throw away this water charged with negative energy from my hand.
3.5 Effect of the spiritual remedies in the second episode
When I started chanting by dipping my left hand in a small glass of Holy water placed on my lap, I clearly perceived substantial heat radiating into my thighs. Within two days, the watery secretion from the boils stopped and the boils dried up. Then I discontinued this chanting. However, on 23rd September, 2005 I had a recurrence of the boils because I had not done the prescribed course of three-hours chanting. When I realised my mistake, I vowed not to skip even a day and I completed the three hours chanting course daily after that. That’s when I saw all my boils dry up and I was totally cured.
I am very grateful to H.H. Dr. Athavale for guiding evolved seekers like Anjali Gadgil, who in turn, by His Grace, guides other seekers and thus relieves so many of us from very real distress.
- Mr. Madhav Gadgil, SSRF Ashram, Panvel, India.
4. Spiritual perspective into Eczema
In Madhav Gadgil’s case the root spiritual cause of the itching was distress by ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.).
4.1 How does the ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.) cause itching and skin disorder like eczema?
- Severe itching of the skin is caused by the subtle poisonous gas, which is related to the Absolute Fire Principle (Tējtattva). This gas is released in a large quantity by ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.). The ghost is of the highest level, that is, the subtle-sorcerer variety. (refer to Type of ghosts) These subtle-sorcerers generate the poisonous gas by performing subtle sacrificial fires. Due to the transmission of such subtle poisonous gas, the affected person first feels restless and later experiences weakness due to breathlessness.
- Then the frequencies of the black energy of the ghost (demon, devil, negative energies, etc.) related to the Absolute Fire Principle are transmitted into the body of the affected person. The ghost then gains control on the five vital energies situated in the navel region of the affected person. Due to the high-speed transmission of the vital energies now impregnated with these black frequencies, a lot of heat is generated in the body as they are related to the Absolute Fire Principle. As a result a burning sensation develops in the body. Due to this burning effect, disintegration and expansion of the skin cells begins.
- The weakened skin further facilitates the easy transmission of the subtle poisonous gas transmitted by the subtle-sorcerer. Consequently skin eruptions appear. The subtle-sorcerer repeatedly transmits his black energy and the subtle poisonous itching gas through these skin eruptions. This results in severe itching. Thus the affected person is distracted from his day-to-day activities as well as any spiritual practice that he may be undertaking, for example chanting and service unto the Absolute Truth.
- Itching is thus a symptom of the skin disorder caused by the black itching gas, which is related to the Absolute Fire Principle. Due to continuous itching, the skin becomes rough and thick. There is constant transmission of this poisonous gas through the medium of subtle-wounds caused by the continuous itching. This leads to gross manifestations of skin disorder like rashes. In time, the subtle-sorcerer creates swellings on or below the skin and establishes its black energy centres in them.
The ghost first makes its centre in the physical or gross body (sthūladēha), as it is easiest to attack. Any point in the body afflicted by an illness, for example, an inflamed joint, asthmatic lung etc., where the Raja-Tama basic component has increased, becomes a prospective place for a ‘centre’ of the ghost.
After making such centres in the gross body, the ghost progressively attacks the subtle-bodies like the mental body (manodēha), intellect or causal body (kāraṇdēha) etc.
4.2 Stages in development of itching and other skin disorders due to distress by ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.)
- In the primary stage of an attack by the ghost, the water content in the affected skin cells reduces and the skin becomes dry.
- Then the skin becomes scaly. The scaly skin facilitates easy transmission of the black energy of the ghost.
- After that, the ghost transmits black energy related to the Absolute Fire Principle through the medium of small subtle ‘diagrams’ (yantras) placed in the surrounding atmosphere and brings about the disintegration of the cells in that area.
- In the next stage of distress, the ghost forms a depression in the skin due to the disintegration of cells. The subtle-sorcerer then uses this depression to store black energy, thus effectively creating a centre of negative energy in the body of the person.
5. Spiritual remedies for various skin disorders
5.1 Basic concepts that we need to understand
Before we go to this section there are a few concepts that we have to understand. Please do click on the following links to articles that will explain the concepts
- What is the spiritual energy in the body (Kunḍalinī)?
- What are chakras (spiritual enegy centres)?
- What is the spiritual technique of nyās?
- Who are deities?
- What are spiritual healing chants?
Type of skin disorder
- Dryness of skin
- Urticarial rash (transient condition of skin caused by an allergic reaction)
Where the Names of more than one deity are to be chanted the sequence is as follows:
1:1 – Example, Om Namah Shivaya:Om Hum Hanumate Namaha (chant alternately)
1:2 – Example, Om Namah Shivaya:Om Hum Hanumate Namaha:Om Hum Hanumate Namaha (means one chant of the Name of the first deity and two chants of the Name of the second deity.)
1:1:1 – Example, Om Sree Durgadevyai Namaha:Om Namah Shivaya:Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya (one chant of each of the three deities respectively )
One could continuously aim to chant during the whole day as much as possible. One could chant doing any activity such as bathing, walking, driving etc. There are no restrictions on where one should chant.
From the above two episodes of eczema we can see that:
The root cause of a seemingly physical illness can be spiritual as confirmed by the prompt and complete response to the treatment.
The spiritual root cause of the same manifestation – in this case – eczema, can be varied. In the first instance it was due to ghost (demon, devil, negative energies etc.) and in the second instance it was distress due to subtle-bodies of departed ancestors.
Only those with an activated sixth sense or evolved subtle-perception, can diagnose the spiritual root cause of our difficulties.
Only the application of a specific spiritual remedy can overcome a problem, which has a specific spiritual root cause, can give rapid and complete results.
Even if we do not know the specific spiritual root cause of our difficulty we can safely conclude that a certain difficulty has a spiritual root cause if:
- The difficulty shows disproportionate intensity and severity.
- If the difficulty does not respond to adequate treatment/measures.
- If the difficulty is overcome by spiritual remedies.