Basic principles of spiritual practice
How can we ensure rapid spiritual progress towards achieving Bliss?
Rapid spiritual progress can be achieved when we do spiritual practice according to the basic principles of Spirituality. Even though there are many different types of spiritual practice, whether our spiritual practice adheres to the basic principles of Spirituality is a true litmus test for its effectiveness. If not, we run the risk of putting in a lot of effort but not seeing the results that match that effort.
The six basic principles are
- There are as many paths to God as there are people
- Going from many to one
- Progressing from gross (tangible) to subtle (intangible)
- Undertaking spiritual practice as per the spiritual level or spiritual capacity
- Doing spiritual practice relevant to the times
- Offering to God as per your talent or capacity